CentOS 8.2 deployment of Openstack with foreman

I’m performing an Openstack Train deployment, using Contrail onto CentOS 8. Now I’ve already performed a deployment of OSP without foreman, and I’m faced with the fact that CentOS 8.3 (or newer) is installed on the baremetal nodes. This is an issue, since the vrouter agent from Tungsten Fabric is only supported on the CentOS 8.2 Kernel.

What I’m hoping to achieve is a deployment of Openstack with TripleO, using foreman in-place of satellite. Foreman will be configured will all the required TripleO repositories (to give best chances), and be locked to CentOS 8.2 for the base CentOS installation. I’ve already tried using foreman on the director, but sadly subscription manager shows no repositories configured under it.

My foreman/katello install is as close to RH Satellite 6.6 as I could get it.
Foreman : 1.22
Katello : 3.12
I did try the latest version of Foreman and Katello, but I’ve been unable to add any repos due to an error: NoMethodError: undefined method `id’ for nil:NilClass. Because of this, I’ve decided to base the foreman install on satellite 6.6 (current satellite install at my workplace).
This is all installed onto CentOS 7.9.2009

I’ve not started the configuration of this, mostly cause I have a feeling I’d be stuck with the same issue of seeing no repos with “subscription-manager repos --list” as with the director.

Let me know if there is anything else that would like to know to help in getting this setup.

Hi there,

Those versions of Foreman and Katello in particular are quite old, as you know, but with regards to this:

At what point exactly did you run into problems?

My main concern is that the older versions aren’t privy to hundreds of bug fixes, so I would suggest we examine what went wrong while you were trying the latest versions.

Since installation of OpenStack via Foreman is not something Red Hat supports within Satellite, there is no documentation or much experience on our side. However if you already have some degree of success, we will happily help you with some particular problems.

However this is not a great example of a good report - this error is too generic, you need to add more info. When you get it, what is the full stacktrace (usually you can get it by enabling debug logs).

I had tried the installtion of Foreman 2.3, 2.4 and the nightly build, along with the associated Katello builds, 3.18, 4.0 and nightly, and in all three cases I had encountered that issue. Continuing with my trend of following the builds of Satellite, I went to Foreman 2.1 and Katello 3.16 (Satellite 6.8). So far I’ve been able to get a product created and added the three basic repos, BaseOS, AppStream and extras, which is one step further than using newer versions of Foreman and Katello. I’ll remove the repos, upgrade to the next version (foreman 2.2 and katello 3.17), and see where I get to. I’ve not had much free time to work on this this week (and likely not next week either), so I’ll keep you posted on this

I did raise a bug report, but the suggestion was to raise the issue on the community forums. The error itself was just to show my reasoning for using an older version of foreman and katello, It wasn’t the reason for this forum post, so I didn’t embellish the error for support on it. I did reply to mcorr, stating that I’ve spun up a foreman/katello instance in parallel, which is running foreman 2.1 and katello 3.16 which seems to work better, and I will do an incremental upgrade to the next version, and if there is an issue, I will be rolling back to the snapshot taken of the working versions, and rolling with that for future deployments.

I’m hoping that the tripleo deployment will be sufficient with the main 3 repositories, epel, and the cloud repo for CentOS 8.2, and try my hand at that (assuming that subscription-manager shows me something). I’ll keep you posted with how I progress, assuming I manage to get some free time to work on this.

So Foreman 2.1 with Katello 3.16 will be where I test an openstack deployment. I’ve gotten the same error from upgrading to 2.2 and 3.17 respectively, as I did with a fresh install. Here is the backtrace from the error:

/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/pulp3/repository/refresh_distribution.rb:15:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan.rb:384:in `switch_flow'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:422:in `sequence'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/pulp3/repository/refresh_distribution.rb:10:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:514:in `block (3 levels) in execute_plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/stack.rb:27:in `pass'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:19:in `pass'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:36:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/stack.rb:23:in `call'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/stack.rb:27:in `pass'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:19:in `pass'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/middleware/backend_services_check.rb:23:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/stack.rb:23:in `call'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/middleware/remote_action.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:36:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:10:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:31:in `with_current_request_id'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:10:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:31:in `with_current_timezone'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:10:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:31:in `with_current_user'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:10:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:30:in `with_current_taxonomies'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/world.rb:31:in `execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:513:in `block (2 levels) in execute_plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan.rb:384:in `switch_flow'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:417:in `concurrence'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:512:in `block in execute_plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:472:in `block in with_error_handling'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:472:in `catch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:472:in `with_error_handling'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:511:in `execute_plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:285:in `execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/plan_step.rb:55:in `block in execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract.rb:167:in `with_meta_calculation'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/plan_step.rb:54:in `execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:445:in `plan_action'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/pulp3/orchestration/repository/generate_metadata.rb:16:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:422:in `sequence'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/pulp3/orchestration/repository/generate_metadata.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:514:in `block (3 levels) in execute_plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/middleware/backend_services_check.rb:23:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/middleware/remote_action.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:10:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:31:in `with_current_request_id'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:10:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:31:in `with_current_timezone'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:10:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:31:in `with_current_user'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:10:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:30:in `with_current_taxonomies'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:9:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/world.rb:31:in `execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:513:in `block (2 levels) in execute_plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:417:in `concurrence'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:512:in `block in execute_plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:472:in `block in with_error_handling'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:472:in `catch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:472:in `with_error_handling'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:511:in `execute_plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:285:in `execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/plan_step.rb:55:in `block in execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract.rb:167:in `with_meta_calculation'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/plan_step.rb:54:in `execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:445:in `plan_action'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/katello/pulp_selector.rb:14:in `plan_optional_pulp_action'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/katello/pulp_selector.rb:7:in `plan_pulp_action'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/katello/repository/metadata_generate.rb:15:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan.rb:286:in `block (2 levels) in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan.rb:374:in `with_planning_scope'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan.rb:285:in `block in plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:44:in `plan_phase'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:44:in `plan_phase'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/common/transaction.rb:17:in `block in rollback_on_error'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activerecord-6.0.3.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:280:in `block in transaction'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activerecord-6.0.3.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/transaction.rb:280:in `block in within_new_transaction'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/concurrency/load_interlock_aware_monitor.rb:26:in `block (2 levels) in synchronize'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/concurrency/load_interlock_aware_monitor.rb:25:in `handle_interrupt'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/concurrency/load_interlock_aware_monitor.rb:25:in `block in synchronize'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/concurrency/load_interlock_aware_monitor.rb:21:in `handle_interrupt'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/concurrency/load_interlock_aware_monitor.rb:21:in `synchronize'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activerecord-6.0.3.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/transaction.rb:278:in `within_new_transaction'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activerecord-6.0.3.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:280:in `transaction'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activerecord-6.0.3.1/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:212:in `transaction'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/transaction_adapters/active_record.rb:6:in `transaction'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/common/transaction.rb:16:in `rollback_on_error'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/common/transaction.rb:6:in `plan_phase'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan.rb:284:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/world.rb:211:in `block (2 levels) in plan_with_options'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/coordinator.rb:326:in `acquire'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/world.rb:209:in `block in plan_with_options'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/world.rb:208:in `tap'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/world.rb:208:in `plan_with_options'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/world.rb:204:in `plan'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/world.rb:180:in `trigger'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/lib/foreman_tasks.rb:23:in `trigger'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/lib/foreman_tasks.rb:29:in `block in trigger_task'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/lib/foreman_tasks.rb:49:in `block in rails_safe_trigger_task'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies/interlock.rb:48:in `block in permit_concurrent_loads'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/concurrency/share_lock.rb:187:in `yield_shares'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies/interlock.rb:47:in `permit_concurrent_loads'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/lib/foreman_tasks.rb:48:in `rails_safe_trigger_task'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/lib/foreman_tasks.rb:27:in `trigger_task'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/lib/foreman_tasks.rb:54:in `async_task'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.17.3/app/lib/actions/katello/repository/create.rb:51:in `run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:571:in `block (3 levels) in execute_run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/rails_executor_wrap.rb:14:in `block in run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/execution_wrapper.rb:88:in `wrap'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/rails_executor_wrap.rb:13:in `run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action/progress.rb:31:in `with_progress_calculation'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action/progress.rb:17:in `run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:15:in `block in run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:49:in `restore_current_request_id'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:15:in `run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:15:in `block in run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:44:in `restore_curent_timezone'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:15:in `run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:15:in `block in run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:44:in `restore_curent_user'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:15:in `run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:15:in `block in run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:45:in `restore_current_taxonomies'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.5/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:15:in `run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:32:in `run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:570:in `block (2 levels) in execute_run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:569:in `catch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:569:in `block in execute_run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:564:in `execute_run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract_flow_step.rb:18:in `block (2 levels) in execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract_flow_step.rb:17:in `block in execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract_flow_step.rb:32:in `open_action'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract_flow_step.rb:16:in `execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/director.rb:68:in `execute'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/worker_jobs.rb:11:in `block (2 levels) in perform'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors.rb:18:in `run_user_code'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/worker_jobs.rb:9:in `block in perform'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/worker_jobs.rb:25:in `with_telemetry'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/worker_jobs.rb:8:in `perform'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/serialization.rb:27:in `perform'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:192:in `execute_job'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:165:in `block (2 levels) in process'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/middleware/chain.rb:128:in `block in invoke'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/middleware/chain.rb:133:in `invoke'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:164:in `block in process'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:137:in `block (6 levels) in dispatch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/job_retry.rb:109:in `local'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:136:in `block (5 levels) in dispatch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq.rb:37:in `block in <module:Sidekiq>'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:132:in `block (4 levels) in dispatch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:250:in `stats'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:127:in `block (3 levels) in dispatch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/job_logger.rb:8:in `call'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:126:in `block (2 levels) in dispatch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/job_retry.rb:74:in `global'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:125:in `block in dispatch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/logging.rb:48:in `with_context'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/logging.rb:42:in `with_job_hash_context'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:124:in `dispatch'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:163:in `process'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:83:in `process_one'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/processor.rb:71:in `run'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/util.rb:16:in `watchdog'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sidekiq-5.2.7/lib/sidekiq/util.rb:25:in `block in safe_thread'
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/logging-2.2.2/lib/logging/diagnostic_context.rb:474:in `block in create_with_logging_context'

This is on about 4 different actions:

Actions::Katello::Repository::Create
Actions::Katello::Repository::MetadataGenerate
Actions::Pulp3::Orchestration::Repository::GenerateMetadata
Actions::Pulp3::Repository::RefreshDistribution

All these tasks had the same error: “NoMethodError: undefined method `id’ for nil:NilClass”

For now I’ll rollback to the snapshot I took for Foreman 2.1 and Katello 3.16, and proceed with that.