Commands are not executed on nodes

Problem:
Failed to initialize: RuntimeError - Could not use any proxy. Consider configuring remote_execution_global_proxy, remote_execution_fallback_proxy in settings. the proxy is configured correctly, the organizations are selected

Expected outcome:
successful execution of the command
Foreman and Proxy versions:

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Distribution and version:
Other relevant data:

P.S.
if you try to execute a command for the foreman server itself, the error is the same

So, is there at least one proxy with REX feature running? See Infrastructure -> Smart Proxies, see the list. Is there some listing SSH as a feature? Is the status green check mark? If so, are you trying to run the job on managed or unmanaged host? Does the host have subnet assigned? If so, is the subnet assigned to REX proxy? If you don’t have such proxy, how did you install the REX plugin?

For more details about the REX setup, see the installation chapter Foreman :: Plugin Manuals and the proxy determining part of the same manual Foreman :: Plugin Manuals

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt response, I will check it now

I installed the plugin, then imported the ssh keys. Cent OS nodes execute commands successfully, but ubuntu still writes an error for authorization

I recall having some problems with authentication against debian/ubuntu systems in the past. Is that RSA SSH key? That is known to work. Elliptic curve based can cause problems.

It could also be that ubuntu/debian does not allow root login by default, though I think the default configuration permits ssh key based authentication for root. Do you see any error when you click on the host on which the command failed to execute?

Thanks, its work))))

Can you please confirm the cause? So others will know in the future… was it the key type or sshd forbidding the root login?

in fact, I recreated the key for foreman ssh, since the one that is generated during installation is password-protected, so even when trying to connect using it, there will be a password request