Config Management Camp

Foreman will be at CfgMgmtCamp2019, with booth, talks, demos, swag, and probably dinner out on Tuesday night. Join us for our flagship event!

https://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/

For those attending who’d like to help out on the booth, I’m creating a booth schedule right here. Please do put your name down if you can help! Sadly I can’t do too much here as I have a track to run :wink:

Monday 4th:

Time Names
8-10am (booth setup) @Gwmngilfen
10-12noon @Gwmngilfen
12-2pm @evgeni
2-4pm
4-6pm @evgeni (5-6)

Tuesday 5th:

Time Names
8-10am @Gwmngilfen
10-12noon @Gwmngilfen
12-2pm @evgeni
2-4pm
4-6pm (booth takedown) @evgeni

I’ll be around most of the time.

1 Like

I haven’t had time to look at the schedule to see about talks I want to attend but I know I must at least attend two. People tend to expect the presenter to be present :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mon 12-2 (but would like to also get lunch in that slot), 4-6 (preferably 5-6)
Tue 12-2 (but also would like to get lunch in that slot), takedown

Will there be any page/wiki where all thoughts, ideas, pitches, … “gained” during cfgmgmtcamp will be posted?

1 Like

I generally throw things onto my TODO list, but that’s not a bad idea! Let’s make this a wiki post, edit away! :slight_smile:

Ideas

• 10th anniversary conference with Netways?
    • 7th November @ NETWAYS, after OSMC
  • in the metrics overview it was noticable not all users are on the latest greatest, was wondering if perhaps some just don’t know there’s a new version? Proposal: rss releases (from github?) as notification?
  • Cool stuff: “Juju”! I think we’re very close to having this: we have compute sources, we already have system descriptions in YAML, could we not describe a complete deployment in yaml and push it? Interesting case: bare metal discover a server => install oVirt => deploy 5 vms => kick ansible and deploy kubernetes … All while drinking coffee and filling in the community survey. I also think that would the key differentiator compared to juju; because foreman already supports it!
    • Perhaps we could also start to talk/think in terms of resource pools as well? E.g. I want this set of servers to do whatever is described in yaml.
  • Cool stuff: control smart proxy via message queue, removes the need for a perfect connection, definitly in less ideal environments where internet access is sometimes sketchy (in my case, I have smart proxies that are at a customer site… But this site doesn’t have internet from day one because the building is still under construction, other interested parties are located in rural africa)
  • Not entirely sure if I correctly understood it would be interesting to have the ability to create snapshots of a VM?
  • Noice to have: We have e-mails, which is great, but perhaps these could also be made a bit more 21st century…like the login screen? :slight_smile: @Roxanne_Hoover? :smiley:
    • Extra: Getting a mail when a job is done executing?
  • Discovery: Would be nice to sniff out devices in the network, simply because they exists; perhaps this could lead to just trigger some comissioning of these devices (e.g. embedded devices that can be controlled but not provisioned)
  • (AFAIK, it’s possible to create subnets with MaaS; …perhaps KEA will bring this ability to the table in a standard way?)
  • …
2 Likes