I was wondering: is there a ‘generic’ docker/container-image one can use to run a plugin-project’s unit-tests and linting in (e.g. on github-action workflows) or are there plans to implement one?
IMHO currently every plugin-developer is currently struggling more or less to setup a test-environment where the tests can run.
And the tasks are always the same:
- find an appropriate base-image
- find a way to use postgresql-container (or use nulldb if possible)
- set-up a specific foreman-version
- set-up appropriate foreman-tasks-version
- set-up appropriate katello-version
The necessity for the latter two steps depending on the plugin to tests.
All while having to deal with various difficulty-levels regarding
npm and other dependencies.