Content View - filter specific version

Hi,

Concerning Redhat products on the documentation says that if you want to force a specific version you should use Content View filtering, how is the filter created to specify the minor version? What kind of info should I put there?

On more thing, about creating products, on Redhat there’s one “Redhat Enterprise Linux Server” product and there we can put several repos. Is this the best way to also create CentOS product? I mean, create CentOS product, add repos for v6 and v7 version, and after that create the Conten View for the major versions and add only the repos of that major?

Thanks,
Bruno

Hi,

Any info about Content View filtering minor version?

On:

https://theforeman.org/plugins/katello/3.4/user_guide/red_hat_content/index.html

there’s this Note:

“When enabling a RHEL repository, Red Hat recommends selecting the Server repo (e.g. 6Server, 5Server) versus a specific release (e.g. 6.2). When a specific release is necessary, the preferred way is to create a Content View with filters that narrow the content to the desired version (e.g. 6.2)”

Can anyone help how can I achieve this?

Bruno

Perhaps someone for @katello team can chime in here?

The “Creating a Filter” header in these docs should step you through the processes.

Hi,

Thank you, gonna give it a go.

Bruno