Create custom repository with downloaded RPM files

Currently we install a number of agents onto our RHEL8/9 systems by copying the RPM (downloaded from the vendor (who don’t seem to host them in repositories)) onto the servers and performing a yum/dnf localinstall.

What I am hoping to do is to setup a repository that can keep itself synchronised with the latest versions of these packages from the various vendors which can be used by the servers so that we can install the packages without copying the RPM files onto the servers and simplifying Ansible scripts.

I’m almost certain this is easily achieved but I don’t know the steps to do this; my guess is that I need to create some content credentials, create a new product, add repos and sync plans but I don’t know Foreman well and can’t find the specifics of this in the documentation (possibly because I don’t know quite what I’m looking for).

Thanks in advance for your assistance :slight_smile:

I think you are looking for Managing content

If you get the RPMs in an upstream repo “Creating a product” and “Adding RPM repositories” are the sections you will need. If there is no upstream, you will need to manage the download yourself and upload it to Katello following “Uploading content to RPM repositories”.

I hope this gets you started!

2 Likes