Data restore progress

Update on the data restore…

I’ve succeeded in importing the mail archive into Discourse, although we’ve permanently lost anything not in the public mail archive - tags, polls, likes, private messages, etc. Apologies again for that.

However the posts all need editing and changed ownership before they can be made public - i.e. manual edits of all 142 posts. I guess that’s my punishment for inadequate backups… The data for every category except #support is now edited, cleaned, and transferred. However, because I need to disable outgoing emails to avoid huge amounts of spam, I won’t be able to do #support until tomorrow night (~10pm UK time). I expect after that we’ll be all done with the restore.

You may have notifications from my cleanup, so apologies if the UI is a bit spam-heavy right now. At least your inbox isn’t being bombed :slight_smile:

As ever, if you see anything that’s not right, missing, or needs editing, please message me and I’ll get it fixed. Thanks again for your patience.

1 Like

Note that reply-to links for existing threads will be broken, as many of these posts now have new IDs. If you get bounces, you’ll need to create your post in the UI, or wait until someone else does and you get a new mail to reply to. Sorry for that.

All mails should now have been restored. I’ll do an announcement to that effect now.

Hi, Greg!

It seems that my post - https://community.theforeman.org/t/different-architectures-support-in-foreman-1-14-and-plug-ins/9073 is still missing :frowning:

Do you think it has been lost forever?

Thanks!

This one? Different architecture's support in Foreman 1.14 and plug-ins

Note that post IDs have changed as the messages were re-imported from the mails generated by mailing list mode, not from a DB dump.

Yes, thanks a lot, Greg!
Konstantin Orekhov

Gwmngilfen Community Lead
May 17 |

This one? Different architecture’s support in Foreman 1.14 and plug-ins

Note that post IDs have changed as the messages were re-imported from the mails generated by mailing list mode, not from a DB dump.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Konstantin_Orekhov
May 17 |

Hi, Greg! It seems that my post - https://community.theforeman.org/t/different-architectures-support-in-foreman-1-14-and-plug-ins/9073 is still missing :frowning: Do you think it has been lost forever? Thanks!
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.