Deploying 20.04.1 Ubuntu Malforemd IP address

Problem:

Expected outcome:

Foreman and Proxy versions:

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Both 3.3

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:

Trying to install Ubuntu 20.04 in unattended way, following guides on Deploying an Internal Application - orcharhino documentation
IP address is correctly provided to foreman

Also templates assigned to the Operating System

Check what the rendered provisioning template looks like for the affected host. From the host page:

I hit this problem with Debian builds, and it’s one of the network snippets it calls passes a kernel boot param that disables the dhcp address after the initial pxe boot process has started, let me see if I an find my notes on it, i worked out the problem and snippet, but didn’t fix it as got distracted.

sorry I was slow responding to this

the problem I found causing this - where the initial pxeboot works but the actual installer IP address fails was in the preseed_kernel_options snippet called by preseed_pxe

it was this code block

if subnet4 && subnet4.dhcp_boot_mode?
options << ‘netcfg/disable_dhcp=false’
elsif subnet4 && !subnet4.dhcp_boot_mode?
options << ‘netcfg/disable_dhcp=true netcfg/get_ipaddress=${netX/ip} netcfg/get_netmask=${netX/netmask} netcfg/get_gateway=${netX/gateway} netcfg/get_nameservers=${dns} netcfg/confirm_static=true’
elsif subnet6 && subnet6.dhcp_boot_mode?
options << ‘netcfg/disable_dhcp=false’
elsif subnet6 && !subnet6.dhcp_boot_mode?
options << ‘netcfg/disable_dhcp=true netcfg/get_ipaddress=${netX/ip} netcfg/get_netmask=${netX/netmask} netcfg/get_gateway=${netX/gateway} netcfg/get_nameservers=${dns} netcfg/confirm_static=true’
end

netcfg/disable_dhcp=true is what was causing the problem for me. as this only impacted the installers ability to get a dhcp IP