Duplicated hosts after editing hosts in 0.1-6

I just updated from 0.1-5 to -6, and now I'm having troubles with any hosts that
I edit. Previously, I had been putting the FQDN into the system name (with no
trailing .) and leaving the domain unset. Any hosts that are left along, work
fine, but if I edit any hosts it auto-creates the domain, and actually creates a
new partial duplicate entry. For example:

··· > select id, name, domain_id, created_at from hosts where name like 'vir%'; +----+---------------------+-----------+---------------------+ > id | name | domain_id | created_at | +----+---------------------+-----------+---------------------+ > 45 | vir.wpi.edu | NULL | 2011-03-05 09:51:04 | > 42 | vir.wpi.edu.WPI.EDU | 1 | 2011-01-30 02:27:07 | +----+---------------------+-----------+---------------------+ 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

ID 42, the original entry, got the extra domain (WPI.EDU) appended a second
time, and then ID 45 was created. ID 45 is missing everything configuration
related (classes, environment, etc), but it is getting all of the reports, so ID
42 is showing up as out of sync in the dashboard.

Is this an actual bug, or do I just need to adjust my records to accommodate 0.1-6?

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu | For every problem, there is a solution that
WPI Senior Network Engineer | is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken
GPG fingerprint = 6174 1257 129E 0D21 D8D4 E8A3 8E39 29E3 E2E8 8CEC

Found it - the code checking if the domain is already present in the hostname
was doing case sensitive matching. I'll go open a ticket with a patch.

··· On 3/5/2011 12:05 PM, Frank Sweetser wrote: > > I just updated from 0.1-5 to -6, and now I'm having troubles with any hosts that > I edit. Previously, I had been putting the FQDN into the system name (with no > trailing .) and leaving the domain unset. Any hosts that are left along, work > fine, but if I edit any hosts it auto-creates the domain, and actually creates a > new partial duplicate entry. For example:

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu | For every problem, there is a solution that
WPI Senior Network Engineer | is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken
GPG fingerprint = 6174 1257 129E 0D21 D8D4 E8A3 8E39 29E3 E2E8 8CEC