Error - RestrictedVersion: Current license or ESXi version prohibits execution of the requested operation

Are there restrictions on what Foreman will all me to do with computer resources? For example If I go to computer resources and click on the Virtual Machines tab and click to power on a vm I get “Error - RestrictedVersion: Current license or ESXi version prohibits execution of the requested operation.” Is that a Foreman limitation or vMware ESXI 8 limitation of the free license?

If there is a restriction it is on the ESXi / vCenter side and not Foreman.

I am not sure if version 8 is already fully supported or if there is some work to do as none of my customers is already on this version. I am also not sure what is limited by the free version. But as you are talking about ESXi, just ensure you are using a vCenter as Compure resource, not the ESXi directly? Because the ESXi does not provide the full API and this would be the reason and just the error message would be misleading.

Bummer good to know I connect to ESXi directly. I will look in to VCenter. I may look at other hypervisor solutions.