Problem:

ERROR: Unrecognised option ‘–foreman-proxy-tftp’

Expected outcome:

Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman-1.20.3-1.el7.noarch

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:
foreman-installer --enable-foreman-proxy --foreman-proxy-tftp=true --foreman-proxy-tftp-servername=x.x.x.x --foreman-proxy-dhcp=true --foreman-proxy-dhcp-interface=ens33 --foreman-proxy-dhcp-gateway= --foreman-proxy-dhcp-range=“x.x.x.x. x.x.x.x” --foreman-proxy-dhcp-nameservers="" --foreman-proxy-dns=true --foreman-proxy-dns-interface=ens33 --foreman-proxy-dns-zone=example.com --foreman-proxy-dns-reverse=118.168.192.in-addr.arpa --foreman-proxy-dns-forwarders=x.x.x.x --foreman-proxy-content-parent-fqdn=https://sat.example.com --foreman-proxy-oauth-consumer-key=C5cACRGVPmE2H4qzEoxQbqiccp6XEJWK --foreman-proxy-oauth-consumer-secret=SvNPYBoAprVxLgnqKjzcYMAEEa3rKoH6

That’s very weird, it should work. I do notice it now has a single unicode dash instead of -- in the problem, but it looks good in the full command. Could this be the problem?

Btw, you posted our oauth credentials. Those provide full control over your Foreman installation and you should rotate them.

2 Likes

Hello Ekohl,

Thanks for you response, but even if i run the command with – still it gives error.

I would also check the dashes in between. They look non-standard unicode characters.

Or share where did you copy those from if it was a public site.

ps - never use Google Docs to share UNIX commands, it screws them hard

1 Like

Oh yes, that’s good advice. Also avoid Word and probably any word processor. Text editors that don’t try to be smart are the best.

I have copied this command after executing “foreman-installer --enable-foreman-plugin-setup”, then a provisioning option is enabled in satellite GUI, while configuring the provisioning options it asked me to run the command satellite server cli , and i got this error.