Foreman 1.19.0-RC3 is now available for testing, big thanks to everyone who contributed and especially to @ekohl who has been handling most of the technical work of building this release.
Please help by testing and getting it release-ready. Unless any significant issues are discovered, we expect 1.19.0 to be released next week.
This release candidate includes fixes for several issues that have been discovered during RC testing. Thank you to everyone for testing and reporting them!
- The plugins RPM repo set by the foreman-release package should no longer enforce GPG checking.
- VMWare provisioning should now work with distributed switch network setup. (Bug #24571: With fog-vsphere 2.3 trying to provision to a port group within a distributed switch fails - Foreman)
- PXE provisioning should no longer fail with
snippet 'blacklist_kernel_modules' does not existerror. (Bug #24578: PXE provisioning does not work in 1.19: snippet ‘blacklist_kernel_modules’ does not exist - Foreman)
- A regression caused by a faulty migration introduced in 1.17.0 leading to invalid smart class parameters has been fixed. (Bug #24640: 1.17 migration causes array/hash values for parameters to turn into strings with escaped quotes - Foreman)
- Puppet config report origin is now calculated correctly. (Bug #24556: origin of config report is N/A - Foreman)
- oVirt OS selection has been improved. (Feature #23117: Use host param ovirt_ostype to select oVirt OS Type explicitly - Foreman and Bug #24473: Saving host on oVirt causes mismatch between os and architecture error - Foreman)
Please let us know below if you hit an issue with this RC.
Installation quick start:
This is also a good time to improve translations for existing locales to ensure full coverage. Help out at
Lastly, do take note of the upgrade warnings and deprecations in this release:
The GPG key used for RPMs and tarballs has the following fingerprint:
CE31 59AA C3EC 09E5 1614 7754 4602 0A10 694F A479