Foreman 1.9 installation issues on Centos6.5 on server not connected to internet

Hi
I am having issues installing foreman 1.9 on CentOS 6.5.
foreman-installer returns an error when starting foreman-proxy 'strict
error' Gem loading error: RubyGem version error: rack(1.1.0 not ~> 1.4)

Background My system is not connected to the internet, I have to
sneaker-net all files. I downloaded all the foreman rpms and created
repository (createrepo /opt/REPOs/foreman) and the foreman.repo in
/etc/yum.repos.d, also downloaded all of the rubygem.rpms from epel and
created that repository and epel.repo. Also downloaded the CentOS 6.5 SCL
and created repository and .repo

ran the yum install foreman-installer (did this several times to find all
the dependencies)

and then ran foreman-installer
initially it would complete and say foreman is running and give the logon
credentials.
I aim firefox at the address the installer says foreman is running and get Web
Application could not be started. further detail is unable to activate
actionpack-3.2.8, because rack-1.6.4 conflicts with rack(~>1.4.0)
(Gem::LoadError)

i do a gem list and sure enough there it is rack 1.1.0, I also noticed
that the rack 1.6.4 comes from the SCL repo. I tried removing the rack
1.1.0 rpm, updating the repo do a yum reinstall foreman-installer. Problem
now is that the foreman installer depends on the 1.1.0 version.

I put back the rack 1.1.0 rpm updated the repo then
ran the foreman-installer and get a little different error message from
installer, now it specifically calls out the gem version incompatibility.
How can I fix this conflict?

Thanks
Todd

Found the problem uninstalled the the rack 1.6.4 gem (gem uninstall rack
–version 1.6.4) and everything came up

··· On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 1:09:36 AM UTC-4, Todd Henry wrote: > > Hi > I am having issues installing foreman 1.9 on CentOS 6.5. > foreman-installer returns an error when starting foreman-proxy 'strict > error' Gem loading error: RubyGem version error: rack(1.1.0 not ~> 1.4) > > > Background My system is not connected to the internet, I have to > sneaker-net all files. I downloaded all the foreman rpms and created > repository (createrepo /opt/REPOs/foreman) and the foreman.repo in > /etc/yum.repos.d, also downloaded all of the rubygem.rpms from epel and > created that repository and epel.repo. Also downloaded the CentOS 6.5 SCL > and created repository and .repo > > ran the yum install foreman-installer (did this several times to find all > the dependencies) > > and then ran foreman-installer > initially it would complete and say foreman is running and give the logon > credentials. > I aim firefox at the address the installer says foreman is running and get Web > Application could not be started. further detail is unable to activate > actionpack-3.2.8, because rack-1.6.4 conflicts with rack(~>1.4.0) > (Gem::LoadError) > > i do a gem list and sure enough there it is rack 1.1.0, I also noticed > that the rack 1.6.4 comes from the SCL repo. I tried removing the rack > 1.1.0 rpm, updating the repo do a yum reinstall foreman-installer. Problem > now is that the foreman installer depends on the 1.1.0 version. > > I put back the rack 1.1.0 rpm updated the repo then > ran the foreman-installer and get a little different error message from > installer, now it specifically calls out the gem version incompatibility. > How can I fix this conflict? > > Thanks > Todd > > >