Foreman 3.0 Customize Host of discovered items throws undefined method for puppet

Problem:
Freshly installed Foreman 3.0 w/ tftp/discovery.
Discovered Hosts via PXE/discovery are attempted to be provisioned, when selecting “Customize Host” to configure. Get hit with the below error:

Oops, we’re sorry but something went wrong undefined method `host_puppet_environment_field’ for #<#Class:0x00007f54b9a05270:0x00007f54af7dce30>

Expected outcome:
Expected Outcome should be like 2.5 where Hosts customization can occur. and Deployment can move forward.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman version: 3.0.0

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Foreman version: 3.0.0
Plugins:

• foreman-tasks 5.0.0
  • foreman_ansible 6.4.1
  • foreman_discovery 16.3.5
  • foreman_puppet 1.0.0
  • foreman_remote_execution 4.7.0

Other relevant data:
3.0 is installed on Ubuntu 20.04 had no issues with foreman installation or components. rebuilt system 2 times and has same outcome.
No Logs are producing anything relevant.
I’m curious if there is a missing item I’m requiring as Puppet bits are fading out of Foreman. Puppet ENC is there… Environment is set properly I believe.

Any others experience this item?
Happy to provide more info if I can.

Mucho Appreciated!
Bri

@lzap was fixing discovery to make it compatible again, I believe there will be a new release published soon, sorry for the inconvenience

I can confirm, I am still working on remaining tests and then I will push a fixed discovery for 3.0 ASAP. You will have a fix this week, sorry about that.

Thanks so much everyone on the hard work making 3.0

If there’s anything I can help with. Will do what I can. Till then, I’ll hang out and await the fix come up.

It was passing locally but

https://ci.theforeman.org/job/test_plugin_matrix/3866/

I already had packages built. I need to get back to this but it is getting late, tomorrow!

Correction, it was only a test assertion what was failing, looks like 18.0.0 is gonna be gold.

Here is a packaging PR, from there you should be able to download a debian package if you cannot wait. I do not how to do that tho, it involves finding it on our debian staging site. Perhaps @Marek_Hulan knows?

Or just wait few days until we push an update into debian repositories.

the package can be fetched from here
https://stagingdeb.theforeman.org/pool/plugins/lzap/r/ruby-foreman-discovery/ruby-foreman-discovery_9999-18.0.0-plugins+scratchbuild20210920154157_all.deb

I’m running into the same issue with CentOS 8.4. Is there an RPM available somewhere?

Yes, here’s the scratch build http://koji.katello.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/3720/453720/rubygem-foreman_discovery-18.0.0-1.fm3_1.el8.noarch.rpm

2 Likes

For the record, discovery 18.0 will be available tonight in nightlies and once we merge the cherry pick it will be in 3.0 repositories too.

Just few more hours guys, sorry about that poor release.

1 Like

Hi @lzap. I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all of the work you have done, and continue to do over all these years.

I’ve spent most of the last seven days (including weekends) getting Foreman working at my place of work, and though it has a huge learning curve (to which you’ve admitted), your name has been everywhere on these support requests, and I’ve learned a lot from you.

Bless you, friend.

2 Likes

No problem, I thank to our sponsor Red Hat who allows me working full time on this project, as well as other sponsors and our great community. It is definitely not just me, this is a team work. :slight_smile:

Discovery 18.0 is out, sort of, I am still waiting for Debian package to be merged.

2 Likes

Yes, Thanks a TON for all the work you’ve been doing on this.

1 Like

Did the deb ever get merged?

@packaging

Index of /pool/plugins/3.0/r/ruby-foreman-bootdisk has a 18.0, that’s all I know

It is https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/7111 which looks good to me, except I see no testing, so I am not sure if I should merge it (especially as deb is not the part I am familiar with).

ah, discover, not bootdisk… I can’t read.

@dirk, the PR looks good, and the deb test also passed (this is new, pacakging is gone)

1 Like

Hi im facing the same issue , little new to foreman what is the solution if anyone can explain thanks

The Ubuntu/Debian users are needing 1.0.3 still. Puppet plugin is still on 1.0.0.

root@foreman:/# apt install ruby-foreman-puppet
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
ruby-foreman-puppet is already the newest version (1.0.0-1).