Foreman 3.7.0-rc2 is now ready for testing

The first release candidate of Foreman 3.7 is now available. You may notice that it says rc2 but I’m calling it the first release candidate, but that was a mistake on my part I found after tagging rc1.

This release is rather light on features, but many developers have been focusing on more fundamental issues. Getting translations right is a good example of that. While it may not be finished, providing the infrastructure is a big step in the right direction. Various plugin developers are now adopting that change and releases are happening.

A Katello 4.9.0 release candidate is being worked on and will be released shortly.

Please help by testing and getting it release-ready, and let us know if you hit any issue when upgrading or installing the release candidate either here or on our issue tracker.

This is also a good time to improve translations for existing locales to ensure full coverage. Help out at: Foreman localization.

Packages may be found in the 3.7 directories on both deb.theforeman.org and yum.theforeman.org, and tarballs are on downloads.theforeman.org.

The GPG key used for signing RPMs and tarballs has the following fingerprint:
DC71C75A8B5438E972C645078FCB3EC0BDCC85AE

The GPG key used for signing DEBs has the following fingerprint:
5B7C3E5A735BCB4D615829DC0BDDA991FD7AAC8A.

3 Likes