The stabilization week for Foreman 3.9 starts today (November 13th) and branching is scheduled for the following week on November 21st. All your help is appreciated to ensure everything is stable and we can release RC in a timely fashion. Request all of you to,
- Please refrain from merging significant changes into any of the core projects without discussing it with core maintainers. Minor changes with no risk, or fixes for issues found during stabilization can be merged as usual. After we branch all merging can resume as usual.
- The main focus for this week should be to make sure nightlies are built and properly working. If asked to look into any issue by the release team, please try to make it the highest priority so that we are able to branch on time.
- Testing basic workflows with nightlies will be helpful in finding any issues prior to the RCs.
- Be attentive of any significant issues found in your areas of responsibility so we can get a quick turnaround to fix issues in time for the release.
- Any plugins that wish to make a release to match the new Foreman version should make sure that their plugin is compatible with the latest Foreman. While we try to maintain compatibility and deprecate methods before removal, sometimes things change in a way that impacts plugins. if plugins get tested against core prior to the release we can find and fix any breakages in time and not discover them when users attempt to upgrade.
- Plugin maintainers are also reminded to pull the latest translations for their plugins.
- Please begin to start writing about your headline features for 3.9
The schedule and planning page of Foreman 3.9 can be used to track the timelines of release.