Foreman Birthday Party 2021

I have added timestamps to both the YouTube video and also the event so you can rewatch or you can watch something you’ve missed.

I would like to sincerely thank @Dirk for everything he did to make this year’s birthday a success.

3 Likes

Dana has send the chart which brings Foreman, Katello and Satellite versions together as promised. Like always with material from Red Hat please be so kind and do not copy over and create your own blog outside of here as they prefer to be directly addressed with questions.

1 Like

Thanks @Dirk. But I think this is really outdated. IMO Dana presented a different Roadmap for Sat6. Check the video at about 2:40

It is a different style, but he was mostly talking about Satellite 6.10, 7.0 and 7.1 which you can see here. It is only meant to add the version numbers and not include all the information he had in his talk.

So as a quick overview:
Satellite 6.10 = Foreman 2.5 + Katello 4.1 + Pulp 3.14
Satellite 7.0 = Foreman 3.1 + Katello 4.3 + Pulp 3.17
Satellite 7.1 = Foreman 3.2 (but I think it should be 3.3) + Katello 4.5 + Pulp 3.20

OK thanks! The time schedule confused me a bit as Spring 2021 is already over and Sat6 is still 6.9 :wink:

1 Like

@Dirk, Correct and thanks for adding the comment.

2 Likes

@Dirk has a lovely blog post about the technology behind the birthday party as well as a summary of the event itself

2 Likes

Came here to announce my recap, but you were faster.
Damn work is keeping me from posting! :smiley:

2 Likes