Foreman Birthday Party 2021

The schedule of the event is:

(Times are in Central European Time. Check your time zone)

15:00-15:10 - Welcome and Introduction
15:10-15:35 - “Deploying servers in an Application Centric Way” - Manisha Singhal
15:35-16:05 - “Pulp 3 introduction for Katello users - exploring the backend and tracing issues” - Matthias Dellweg
16:05-16:10 - Break
16:10-16:30 - “Demo and Feedback session for the new Job invocation wizard” - Maria Agaphontzev
16:30-17:00 - “Katello for Debian based systems: Update and Outlook” - Quirin Pamp
17:00-17:05 - Break
17:05-17:40 - “Red Hat Product manager update” - Dana Singleterry
17:40-18:05 - “The story of webhooks plugin” - Lukáš Zapletal
18:05-18:15 - Outro
18:15-open - Social Event

The youtube stream will be available on the Foreman Channel at 14:30 so you can join, but we will be live at 15:00. Direct link will be added here in advance when we managed to created it!

There will be a chat integrated to the live stream so you can ask your questions and for general chatting during the event. It is a rocket.chat instance which requires a short registration but will get deleted including all data after the event!

The social event will happening in a workadventure which will allow you to walk around and meet virtually which is the best we can do while we still have the pandemic. We will have some rooms prepared for technical discussions, but feel free to chat with everyone crossing by like you would do on a normal event.

I will post the links here on the day of the event to avoid spammers or other disturbance, so please come back for it on Thursday.

7 Likes

I want to add some information here so you all can plan even we are still in an early stage of planning.

We (in the sense of NETWAYS, ATIX and the Foreman Project) want to celebrate another year of Foreman. It is actually the 12th birthday and the seventh party we will have. Unfortunatly it seems Corona will still be around in the summer, so we decided to have an online event.

We want to have 5-6 30 minute talks and I (perhaps with some support) will moderate the event as live stream on youtube. But as the event also always was not only about the talks and knowledge, but also a social get-together we do want to provide some option to chat during the talks and breaks and have some social event afterwards.

If you like to give a talk please get in touch with me as I am in charge for planing this year (here in the community or via email. We aim for a wide variety on talks, be it a new plugin or some new tricks for an old one, a case study showing your environment, about Foreman itself, Katello/Satellite/Orcharhino, Pulp, Candlepin or even Puppet and Ansible or the Community. Everything related to Foreman will be considered. We plan to have all talks pre-recorded and will provide guidance for doing so. After the talk we want to give everyone the chance to ask questions, so the speaker can answer them live.

For the social event we plan to have some fun together. We already have some ideas, but I will wait for how some of them work at stackconf and which experience the NETWAYS events team makes on this event before I announce any details.

8 Likes

I am happy to announce the first two talks:

• Lukáš Zapletal will tell us “The story of webhooks plugin” as a mixture of technical talk and community success story.

• Dana Singleterry will give as a “Red Hat Product manager update” so we will hear what Red Hat is planing for the next releases.

More talks to come, but still feel free to send me some suggestions.

4 Likes

I am working on the other talks and hope to announce the fourth and fifth talk soon, but for today I have talk number 3:

• Quirin Pamp will give a look inside the state of ATIXs work on Debian Support for Katello with “Katello for Debian based systems: Update and Outlook”
5 Likes

And now I can announce talk number 4:

• Maria Agaphontzev from the UI/UX team will have a “Demo and Feedback session for the new Job invocation wizard”, so you can get involved early and influence how the new wizard in the Remote Execution plugin will look and feel

Talks 5 and 6 are also confirmed by now, so we have a full schedule! :slight_smile: I will announce the talks and the final schedule over the next couple of days so stay tuned!

1 Like

And now I reveal talk number 5:

• In “Pulp 3 introduction for Katello users - exploring the backend and tracing issues” Matthias Dellweg from the Pulp team will help all of us that struggled with Pulp 3 so far.

I will also join today’s Community Demo and probably give some spoilers about the event.

2 Likes

Perhaps a bit late today, but here is the final talk:

• Manisha Singhal from ATIX AG will show us how to “Deploying servers in an Application Centric Way” with the Foreman ACD plugin, something I am very exited about and I hope you are too

I hope to finalize the program and give you a link to the stream, chat and social event at the end of the week!

4 Likes

I posted the schedule and other relevant information to the initial posts, links to follow.

2 Likes

This takes place tomorrow!
Please join us!
If there are any questions, let me know!

As promised I have added the links for the integrated chat and workadventure for the social event. Feel free to use it already!

And please do not wonder about the link of workadventure pointing to stackconf because of limited time of my colleagues, we invaded this one and redecorated for the Foreman Birthday! :wink:

Do I just register a new account at the rocket chat instance?

Yes, and as I said no data will be stored any longer than the event.

3 Likes

This is fun. Do join us!

We are live!
Join us !

So now the last ones have left workadventure and feedback was great, thanks to everyone for being there! As I said earlier I hope you enjoyed the event as much as I did and I am really looking forward for it being an in-person event again! So keep fingers crossed that Fosdem and Configmanagementcamp will take place so we can meet there and if not I am sure that ATIX will host another great birthday event next year!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for organizing the event. Putting everything and everybody together was a big task. The RPG theme was breathtaking, everything professional. Huge thumbs up! Cheers.

3 Likes