Foreman Community Demo #139

Every few weeks we host a Community Demo to showcase new & interesting developments from the Foreman community. We encourage participation from any member of the community (although you do need a Google account), so if you’ve been working on something cool, please do come to show it off.

This post is a wiki, so if you have something to show, add yourself to this table!

Expected In

We’ve added a new column to indicate the release in which community members might expect the feature that is being demoed to appear. This column should be taken as a guide rather than a gospel. Unforeseen circumstances might drag a feature out of a release or two. The best way to know for sure what is in a release is to check out the release announcement! :slight_smile:

If you have any feedback about the change to the format, feel free to comment here :slight_smile:

Depending on where it would be a better fit, please add yourself to one of the following tables:

Foreman user-focused demos

Speaker Time Topic Redmine Issue Expected in Version
@iballou 5 mins Introductions
@jeremylenz 5 mins Reminder: SCA-Only in Katello 4.12 Katello 4.12
@jeremylenz 5 mins New warnings for manifest expiration 37271 Katello 4.13
@iballou 7 mins Container Gateway Performance Improvements 37218 Katello 4.13
@Partha_Aji 5 mins Foreman Ansible Modules - Content Import Likely FAM 4.1.0+
@sajha 5 mins Smart proxy repair 37258 Katello 4.13
@bastian-src 10mins Foreman Resource Quota Plugin

Foreman developer-focused demos

Speaker Time Topic Redmine issue Expected in version
@jeremylenz 10 mins Adding custom columns to the new All Hosts page 37293 Foreman 3.11

Popular Use Cases Demos :link:

Speaker Time Topic Version
@nofaralfasi 15 mins Configuration of Hosts using Ansible Roles Foreman 3.11
1 Like

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick heads up: While this demo won’t be streamed on YouTube, it will be recorded via Google Meet and later uploaded to YouTube for your convenience.

Join us on Google Meet for an interactive experience: Google Meet

Thanks!

Related to the SCA-Only announcement today, here’s the Red Hat FAQ regarding the retirement of entitlements.

I also posted the slides I was going to use: → Reminder: SCA-Only in Katello 4.12 (Foreman 3.10)

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, I have to cancel today’s demo due to unexpected technical problems. I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and thank you for your understanding.

The next demo is scheduled for April 18th.

3 Likes

Hello, the (postponed) demo tomorrow will not be streamed live, but it will happen! Due to the unavailability of @nofaralfasi, it will be hosted by @iballou. As usual, it will be recorded and published on youtube later. I wish Nofar a quick recovery and big thanks to Ian for covering this.

1 Like

Hi folks, since the last run of this demo was cancelled, here’s a new google meet link: https://meet.google.com/smb-ipoj-ndw

We’ll be starting at 10:00 EST.

Looking forward to seeing your demos!