Foreman Community Demo #67

Every few weeks we host a Community Demo to showcase new & interesting developments from the Foreman community. We encourage participation from any member of the community (although you do need a Google account), so if you’ve been working on something cool, please do come show it off.

This post is a wiki, so if you have something to show, add yourself to this table!

Speaker Time Topic
@rabajaj 5 min Introduction
@Jonathon_Turel 5-7min Updates on Katello Host Registration
@Partha_Aji 5 min Content View module stream filters
@Partha_Aji 5 min pulp3-smart proxy syncing
@iballou 5 min Pulp 3 Docker CV Publishing
@John_Mitsch 2 min Docker pull with pulp3
@sajha 2 min File upload with pulp3
@apuntamb 6-7 min Azure provisioning support

Sources of inspiration

Here’s a few places to find inspiration, in case you’ve forgotten what you’ve done recently :stuck_out_tongue:

All Redmine issues closed in the last 21 days
Only my Redmine issues closed in the last 21 days
GitHub PRs labelled “Demo-worthy”
(let me know if you have other good links to go here!)

The YouTube link to watch the demo will be added a week before the show (which will also serve as a reminder to go add yourself to the agenda) :wink:

The recording is available on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nIWZ6dEKNU

Thanks for the demo. I have one question regarding Azure for @apuntamb, is it possible to specify the VM attributes in compute profile? And if so, is the region also selectable per the compute profile? I think other compute resources (aws at least) sets the region in the compute resources object itself, so I wonder, why Azure is done differently.

Hello. Yes, I have specified VM attributes in compute profile too, the relevant PR is under review #43. As of now, region is independent of a compute profile that is selected. In azure, sizes ans subnets are loaded as per the region that is selected.

Is there an event for the next demo? I can’t find it and would like to register an item to the agenda. @rabajaj could you please point me to it?