Foreman Community Demo #94

Every few weeks we host a Community Demo to showcase new & interesting developments from the Foreman community. We encourage participation from any member of the community (although you do need a Google account), so if you’ve been working on something cool, please do come show it off.

This post is a wiki, so if you have something to show, add yourself to this table!

2021 Format Change

We want to pilot a change to the format of the community demo. In the same event, we’d like to split the demos into two categories. We’d like to trial grouping demos that are of interest to Foreman users together, followed-by demos that are of interest to Foreman developers. Depending on which is best, I will either split the recording or add chapters etc, whichever makes most sense.

If you have any feedback about the change to the format, feel free to comment here :slight_smile:

Depending on where it would be a better fit, please add yourself to one of the following tables:

Foreman user-focused demos

Foreman developer-focused demos

3 Likes

This takes place in a week.
Please sign up!

@MariSvirik 15-20 min Preview of Host detail page (Overview tab, Content tab) designs

Thanks @MariSvirik I just added you to the agenda !

1 Like

I can give a short demo of the 2to3 migration for Debian. (I have not yet timed it but maybe it would not take longer than 5 minutes.) I guess that is user-focused (even if I run the demo in a forklift dev environment)? I have not done any community demos in a while so I am a bit hazy on what it involves, but I presume a browser is sufficient to take part?

Hey @quba42 - that’s great - don’t worry about being precise about how much time. Just an estimate. You just need to be able to share your screen in the Google Meet to do your demo that is all ! Please add yourself to the agenda. Thank you!

Link for tomorrow’s livestream: https://youtu.be/O-azZjKOraY
It’s not too late to sign up!

A reminder that we go live later today.
Join us and ask any questions you might have!

Will you do me a favor and announce the Foreman Birthday Event 2021 in the demo pointing to the thread for details? Very likely already on your list, but so a link is already here for those watching!

I was just preparing my slides this very minute :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mcorr I would like to pass on the request for “Host detail page UI” feedback to our consultants, but I am afraid I did not properly catch what links I should be passing on? Can we list them one more time for easy reference?

Thanks so much @quba42
Your consultants can either watch @MariSvirik back on the demo, or review these slides: Marvel 3

Survey: Host detail page redesign

Thank you very much!

@quba42 I’m even very happy to schedule a meeting with your consultants and gather the feedback directly.

2 Likes