release which contains two important changes:

Fixes #18106 - Attribute Error when provisioning with Katello plugin installed
Fixes #16890 - Prevent discovery of managed hosts

It took a little bit longer to release this due to various things
namely FOSDEM, recovery and my struggle with building process. I
highly recommend to update to all of users because the #16890 bug is
causing discovered hosts in undeletable state and maintainance task
must be performed to delete them (it only happens if MAC address is
already used as managed host - re-discovery).

··· -- Later, Lukas @lzap Zapletal

Looks like we have report that the patch for #18106 did not work, I am
retesting this. It was not working on FOSDEM for me, but I thought I
was doing it wrong…

Update is safe, it might not help in this particular case. I will get
back to you.

LZ

··· On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > Hello, > > better later then never, I am finally announcing 8.0.1 bugfix minor > release which contains two important changes: > > Fixes #18106 - Attribute Error when provisioning with Katello plugin installed > Fixes #16890 - Prevent discovery of managed hosts > > It took a little bit longer to release this due to various things > namely FOSDEM, recovery and my struggle with building process. I > highly recommend to update to all of users because the #16890 bug is > causing discovered hosts in undeletable state and maintainance task > must be performed to delete them (it only happens if MAC address is > already used as managed host - re-discovery). > > -- > Later, > Lukas @lzap Zapletal

Later,
Lukas @lzap Zapletal

We have a working workaround:

https://github.com/theforeman/foreman_discovery/pull/331/files

but this is short-term patch, we are working on proper patch which may
require more changes in core and plugin. If you are affected by the
bug, you can hotfix your instance untiil the fix is delivered in

LZ

··· On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > Looks like we have report that the patch for #18106 did not work, I am > retesting this. It was not working on FOSDEM for me, but I thought I > was doing it wrong... > > Update is safe, it might not help in this particular case. I will get > back to you. > > LZ > > On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote: >> Hello, >> >> better later then never, I am finally announcing 8.0.1 bugfix minor >> release which contains two important changes: >> >> Fixes #18106 - Attribute Error when provisioning with Katello plugin installed >> Fixes #16890 - Prevent discovery of managed hosts >> >> It took a little bit longer to release this due to various things >> namely FOSDEM, recovery and my struggle with building process. I >> highly recommend to update to all of users because the #16890 bug is >> causing discovered hosts in undeletable state and maintainance task >> must be performed to delete them (it only happens if MAC address is >> already used as managed host - re-discovery). >> >> -- >> Later, >> Lukas @lzap Zapletal > > > > -- > Later, > Lukas @lzap Zapletal

Later,
Lukas @lzap Zapletal

The core patch (Bug #18791: Discovery v8.0.1 provisioning throws ActiveModel::ForbiddenAttributesError when Katello is installed. - Discovery - Foreman) was
merged and fixes the attribute problem, it is scheduled for 1.14.3
release. If you use Katello plugin and Discovery does not work for
you, wait for the minor release or apply the patch manually. There
will be no change in this regard in Discovery 8.0.2 release, just for
the record.

LZ

··· On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > We have a working workaround: > > https://github.com/theforeman/foreman_discovery/pull/331/files > > but this is short-term patch, we are working on proper patch which may > require more changes in core and plugin. If you are affected by the > bug, you can hotfix your instance untiil the fix is delivered in > 8.0.2. > > LZ > > On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote: >> Looks like we have report that the patch for #18106 did not work, I am >> retesting this. It was not working on FOSDEM for me, but I thought I >> was doing it wrong... >> >> Update is safe, it might not help in this particular case. I will get >> back to you. >> >> LZ >> >> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote: >>> Hello, >>> >>> better later then never, I am finally announcing 8.0.1 bugfix minor >>> release which contains two important changes: >>> >>> Fixes #18106 - Attribute Error when provisioning with Katello plugin installed >>> Fixes #16890 - Prevent discovery of managed hosts >>> >>> It took a little bit longer to release this due to various things >>> namely FOSDEM, recovery and my struggle with building process. I >>> highly recommend to update to all of users because the #16890 bug is >>> causing discovered hosts in undeletable state and maintainance task >>> must be performed to delete them (it only happens if MAC address is >>> already used as managed host - re-discovery). >>> >>> -- >>> Later, >>> Lukas @lzap Zapletal >> >> >> >> -- >> Later, >> Lukas @lzap Zapletal > > > > -- > Later, > Lukas @lzap Zapletal

Later,
Lukas @lzap Zapletal