new build of FDI is finally available at
This is mostly bugfix release, lot of work was done around preventing kexec from freezing. MS Hyper-V drivers are now present so FDI can be also booted on this hypervisor. New option
fdi.dhcp_sendhost=true can be used to force FDI to send DHCP hostname. And new option
fdi.script allows executing base64-encoded arbitrary shell scripts via kernel command line (!) which can be used to implement various workarounds. Recommended by 9/10 hackers.
The new build is compatible with Foreman 1.16+ and Satellite 6.3+ and it’s been built from fresh CentOS 7.5 with updates until today.
Full list of changes:
- SYSLINUX/Grub2 kernel command line contains
nomodesetto prevent issues with kexec and VGA drivers
- added Hyper-V drivers (#107)
- fdi.dhcp_sendhost=true option added
- small cracklib dictionary is in use
- more unused linux drivers dropped
- remaster no longer needs root
- added fdi.script option (#101)