Foreman does'nt display the applicable packages

Hello,

Problem:
Only for redhat 6 clients (redhat 7, centos 7 are ok), the number of applicable packages is always null in the interface.
There is therefore no applicable change, while on the client yum updateinfo info sec and yum check-update suggest serveral update.

foreman_1

Note:
On the repositories infos page, there is the right information.

Expected outcome:

Show the Applicable Packages from redhat 6 clients on Foreman interface.

Foreman and Proxy versions:

• Host redhat 7.9
  • Foreman 2.5.3-1
  • Katello 4.1.3-1
  • Pulp 3.0.0

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
Client Environment:

• Redhat 6 (6.6 or 6.10)
  • subscription-manager-1.20.10-8 (subscription status is OK)

Other relevant data:
No logs errors (/var/log/foreman/production.log , journalctl -u pulp-worker*)

Hi,

do you have katello-host-tools (or the deprecated katello-agent) installed on your affected systems?
As far as I am aware, the numbers are calculated based on the reports from the client tools. If those are not installed, no reports are sent and the list of upgradeable packages can not be calculated.

1 Like

@areyus 's point may be especially important for EL6. subscription-manager now takes care of the package profile uploading on EL7 and up, but I’m not sure that version ever made it to EL6. I’ll see if I can give it a try to confirm.

1 Like

I just ran through it, it looks like you will want katello-host-tools. Just install the client repo RPM for your foreman version (https://yum.theforeman.org/client/2.5/el6/x86_64/foreman-client-release-2.5.3-1.el6.noarch.rpm) and then install katello-host-tools.

Hello,

Yes, the rpm is present (katello-host-tools-3.4.2-2.el6.noarch) on redhat 6.

Does your yum have the related plugins enabled?
When you call yum (any action) you should see

Loaded plugins: enabled_repos_upload, package_upload

among any other plugins.
At the end of a yum action that changes packages (install, remove, update, etc), you should see

Uploading Enabled Repositories Report

If those work, in your Foreman you should find a task with lable “Actions::Katello::Host::UploadProfiles” and the name "Combined Profile Update for ". You can also check there for errors.

Hello,

It’s ok with an older version of katello-agent and I have this message at the end of a yum action.

thanks

1 Like