Foreman katello

HI
I have installed a foreman,i am able to access foreman access. now I have installed katello, while I running the below commands facing some errors:

[root@theforman ~]# foreman-installer --scenario katello --foreman-admin-username admin --foreman-admin-password nKCVfRdjfHQZsiLJ

[ INFO 2021-05-06T15:43:35 verbose] Executing hooks in group pre_migrations
[ INFO 2021-05-06T15:43:35 verbose] All hooks in group pre_migrations finished
[ERROR 2021-05-06T15:43:35 verbose] You are trying to replace existing installation with different scenario. This may lead to unpredictable states. Use --force to override. You can use --compare-scenarios to see the differences
[ INFO 2021-05-06T15:43:35 verbose] Log was be written to /var/log/foreman-installer/katello.log
[ INFO 2021-05-06T15:43:35 verbose] Logs flushed

Thanks
Gurmeet Singh

Hello and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately if you have Foreman already installed, you cannot then install Katello.
Foreman and Katello have to be installed together on a fresh instance, rather than one after the other.

Or if it is just a test, try it and hope it works, technically it is possible to do but it is not supported.

1 Like

Hi Foreman,
As per read your comment, I am understood, firslty of all i will install foreman as well as I need to install katello ,when both are installed after that I will run below comand IN one time to access foreman and katello dashboard in browser.

foreman-installer --scenario katello --foreman-admin-username admin --foreman-admin-password nKCVfRdjfHQZsiLJ

I want to clear about foreman and katello dashoard access ,when above command will run so can I access both dashobased which is foreman dashboard.

Thanks
Gurmeet Singh

When you install Katello, it installs Foreman automatically because Katello is a plugin to Foreman and requires Foreman to run. I would recommend following:

https://docs.theforeman.org/2.4/Installing_Server_on_Red_Hat/index-katello.html

3 Likes