Foreman + kvm

I setup foreman and now trying to create a kvm instance if I do this
choosing virtual NAT for networking the machine never notifies foreman that
it is complete( because of NATING) so it continues to install over and over
again. I decided to get around this by switching to physical bridge for
networking, but when I try that I get the error "Failed to power up a
compute Libvirt (Libvirt) instance test.labs.local: Call to
virDomainCreateWithFlags failed: Unable to add bridge eth4 port vnet1:
Operation not supported". Any ideas how to fix either of this issue.

If you enable provisioning tokens (set token_duration to something > 0
in the Settings menu) then Foreman will use a unique token rather than
the IP to identify the host. You need to create a new host or toggle
the build state of an existing one to re-write the PXE template with
host's token.

HTH,
Greg

··· On 9 March 2014 03:27, Malcolm Frazier wrote: > I setup foreman and now trying to create a kvm instance if I do this > choosing virtual NAT for networking the machine never notifies foreman that > it is complete( because of NATING) so it continues to install over and over > again. I decided to get around this by switching to physical bridge for > networking, but when I try that I get the error "Failed to power up a > compute Libvirt (Libvirt) instance test.labs.local: Call to > virDomainCreateWithFlags failed: Unable to add bridge eth4 port vnet1: > Operation not supported". Any ideas how to fix either of this issue.

I checked token_duration variable in my settings and by default it seems to
be set to 60 minutes. My foreman setup still uses the IP address to
identify the host.

··· On Sunday, March 9, 2014 4:59:47 AM UTC-7, Greg Sutcliffe wrote: > > On 9 March 2014 03:27, Malcolm Frazier > <malcolm.tho...@gmail.com > wrote: > > I setup foreman and now trying to create a kvm instance if I do this > > choosing virtual NAT for networking the machine never notifies foreman > that > > it is complete( because of NATING) so it continues to install over and > over > > again. I decided to get around this by switching to physical bridge for > > networking, but when I try that I get the error "Failed to power up a > > compute Libvirt (Libvirt) instance test.labs.local: Call to > > virDomainCreateWithFlags failed: Unable to add bridge eth4 port vnet1: > > Operation not supported". Any ideas how to fix either of this issue. > > If you enable provisioning tokens (set token_duration to something > 0 > in the Settings menu) then Foreman will use a unique token rather than > the IP to identify the host. You need to create a new host or toggle > the build state of an existing one to re-write the PXE template with > host's token. > > HTH, > Greg >

If you preview the PXE template from the Host page, does the foreman
url look something like
"http://myforeman/unattended/provision?token=sgklsdgjklsgjsglsjgsaalalrigfnw"?
If yes, does it also look like that if you check the real file for the
Host's mac on the tftp server?

Greg

··· On 10 March 2014 04:50, Malcolm Frazier wrote: > I checked token_duration variable in my settings and by default it seems to > be set to 60 minutes. My foreman setup still uses the IP address to identify > the host.