Foreman-rake katello:upgrade_check reports 5 running tasks when Katello UI only shows two

I am attempting to upgrade from Katello 3.6 to 3.7. Step one of the process says to run:
foreman-rake katello:upgrade_check. .

When I do that, I get the following results:

/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sequel-4.20.0/lib/sequel/database/schema_generator.rb:19: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/sequel-4.20.0/lib/sequel/database/schema_generator.rb:19: warning: constant ::Bignum is deprecated
/usr/share/foreman/lib/foreman.rb:8: warning: already initialized constant Foreman::UUID_REGEXP
/usr/share/foreman/lib/foreman.rb:8: warning: previous definition of UUID_REGEXP was here
/usr/share/foreman/lib/core_extensions.rb:183: warning: already initialized constant ActiveSupport::MessageEncryptor::DEFAULT_CIPHER
/opt/theforeman/tfm-ror51/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-5.1.4/lib/active_support/message_encryptor.rb:22: warning: previous definition of DEFAULT_CIPHER was here
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/logging-1.8.2/lib/logging/appender.rb:139: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/logging-1.8.2/lib/logging/logger.rb:295: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated
The PGconn, PGresult, and PGError constants are deprecated, and will be
removed as of version 1.0.

You should use PG::Connection, PG::Result, and PG::Error instead, respectively.

Called from /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/polyglot-0.3.5/lib/polyglot.rb:65:in `require’
This script makes no modifications and can be re-run multiple times for the most up to date results.
Checking upgradeability…

Checking for running tasks…
[FAIL] - There are 5 active tasks.
Please wait for these to complete or cancel them from the Monitor tab.

When I look in the UI, I only see 2 tasks that are running:

Listen on candlepin events {“locale”=>“en”, “current_user_id”=>nil} and
Monitor Event Queue {“locale”=>“en”, “current_user_id”=>nil}

However I cannot cancel these two tasks.

Is there anything I can do?

Do you have any tasks in the paused state?

So I have 5 tasks that are paused. Blank tasks.

Their results are “Error”.

You can try to resume them and cancel them quickly but I suspect they will go back into paused state before the cancellation completes.

If you can’t resume/cancel normally, then go into the dynflow console and skip the current operation and then resume them. They should fail but complete and then your upgrade should be unblocked.

I had the same issue on a test 3.6 -> 3.7rc upgrade.

Ah thank you! I was able to resume those blank tasks through the Dynaflow console, and they finished.

Appreciate the help!