Foreman with Passenger

Hello,

I currently have Puppet up and running with storeconfigs and passenger
on Ubuntu 10.04 and I am trying to get Foreman running with passenger
but the docs seem a little sparse. Has anyone got this running with
Ubuntu and if so could they point me in the right direction please.

Regards Jim

> Hello,
>
> I currently have Puppet up and running with storeconfigs and passenger
> on Ubuntu 10.04 and I am trying to get Foreman running with passenger
> but the docs seem a little sparse. Has anyone got this running with
> Ubuntu and if so could they point me in the right direction please.
>

while its for redhat/fedora, this should probably give you a few pointers:

http://theforeman.org/projects/puppet-foreman/repository/revisions/master/entry/foreman/templates/foreman-vhost.conf.erb

Ohad

··· On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM, James Bailey wrote:

Regards Jim

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Foreman users" group.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users?hl=en.

Many thanks Ohad,

I now seem to have a working apache2/Passenger vhost config. Once I
know all is good I post my configs, if they are of any use?

I do however now seem to be running into template errors.

ActionView::TemplateError (Permission denied -
/usr/share/foreman/public/javascripts/all.js) on line #15 of
app/views/layouts/application.html.erb

This file doesn't exists, is it something stupid I have done or an actual bug?

Regards Jim

··· On 7 April 2011 19:06, Ohad Levy wrote: > > > On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM, James Bailey wrote: >> >> Hello, >> >> I currently have Puppet up and running with storeconfigs and passenger >> on Ubuntu 10.04 and I am trying to get Foreman running with passenger >> but the docs seem a little sparse. Has anyone got this running with >> Ubuntu and if so could they point me in the right direction please. > > while its for redhat/fedora, this should probably give you a few pointers: > http://theforeman.org/projects/puppet-foreman/repository/revisions/master/entry/foreman/templates/foreman-vhost.conf.erb > Ohad >

The file didn't exist and it should just copied it from another system
and all is well.

Regards Jim

··· On 8 April 2011 12:29, James Bailey wrote: > On 7 April 2011 19:06, Ohad Levy wrote: >> >> >> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM, James Bailey wrote: >>> >>> Hello, >>> >>> I currently have Puppet up and running with storeconfigs and passenger >>> on Ubuntu 10.04 and I am trying to get Foreman running with passenger >>> but the docs seem a little sparse. Has anyone got this running with >>> Ubuntu and if so could they point me in the right direction please. >> >> while its for redhat/fedora, this should probably give you a few pointers: >> http://theforeman.org/projects/puppet-foreman/repository/revisions/master/entry/foreman/templates/foreman-vhost.conf.erb >> Ohad >> > Many thanks Ohad, > > I now seem to have a working apache2/Passenger vhost config. Once I > know all is good I post my configs, if they are of any use? > > I do however now seem to be running into template errors. > > ActionView::TemplateError (Permission denied - > /usr/share/foreman/public/javascripts/all.js) on line #15 of > app/views/layouts/application.html.erb > > This file doesn't exists, is it something stupid I have done or an actual bug? > > Regards Jim >

> >>
> >>
> >>>
> >>> Hello,
> >>>
> >>> I currently have Puppet up and running with storeconfigs and passenger
> >>> on Ubuntu 10.04 and I am trying to get Foreman running with passenger
> >>> but the docs seem a little sparse. Has anyone got this running with
> >>> Ubuntu and if so could they point me in the right direction please.
> >>
> >> while its for redhat/fedora, this should probably give you a few
> pointers:
> >>
> http://theforeman.org/projects/puppet-foreman/repository/revisions/master/entry/foreman/templates/foreman-vhost.conf.erb
> >> Ohad
> >>
> > Many thanks Ohad,
> >
> > I now seem to have a working apache2/Passenger vhost config. Once I
> > know all is good I post my configs, if they are of any use?
> >
> > I do however now seem to be running into template errors.
> >
> > ActionView::TemplateError (Permission denied -
> > /usr/share/foreman/public/javascripts/all.js) on line #15 of
> > app/views/layouts/application.html.erb
> >
> > This file doesn't exists, is it something stupid I have done or an actual
> bug?
> >
> > Regards Jim
> >
> The file didn't exist and it should just copied it from another system
> and all is well.
>
> that file is auto generated by foreman(rails actually), its a simple
optimization to put all JavaScript in one file, so the browser just fetches
this one.

I'm guessing that the user running foreman had no write access to that
directory…

Ohad

··· On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:17 PM, James Bailey wrote: > On 8 April 2011 12:29, James Bailey wrote: > > On 7 April 2011 19:06, Ohad Levy wrote: > >> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM, James Bailey > wrote:

Regards Jim

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Foreman users" group.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users?hl=en.

Makes Sense since passenger running under the user www-data. I guess
allowing www-data write access to that directory using setfacl should
fix the write problem, I will take a poke around on Monday when I am
back in the office and see what else needs tweaking to make run
correctly on Debian/Ubuntu.

Jim

··· On 8 April 2011 20:10, Ohad Levy wrote: > > > On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:17 PM, James Bailey wrote: >> >> On 8 April 2011 12:29, James Bailey wrote: >> > On 7 April 2011 19:06, Ohad Levy wrote: >> >> >> >> >> >> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM, James Bailey >> >> wrote: >> >>> >> >>> Hello, >> >>> >> >>> I currently have Puppet up and running with storeconfigs and passenger >> >>> on Ubuntu 10.04 and I am trying to get Foreman running with passenger >> >>> but the docs seem a little sparse. Has anyone got this running with >> >>> Ubuntu and if so could they point me in the right direction please. >> >> >> >> while its for redhat/fedora, this should probably give you a few >> >> pointers: >> >> >> >> http://theforeman.org/projects/puppet-foreman/repository/revisions/master/entry/foreman/templates/foreman-vhost.conf.erb >> >> Ohad >> >> >> > Many thanks Ohad, >> > >> > I now seem to have a working apache2/Passenger vhost config. Once I >> > know all is good I post my configs, if they are of any use? >> > >> > I do however now seem to be running into template errors. >> > >> > ActionView::TemplateError (Permission denied - >> > /usr/share/foreman/public/javascripts/all.js) on line #15 of >> > app/views/layouts/application.html.erb >> > >> > This file doesn't exists, is it something stupid I have done or an >> > actual bug? >> > >> > Regards Jim >> > >> The file didn't exist and it should just copied it from another system >> and all is well. >> > that file is auto generated by foreman(rails actually), its a simple > optimization to put all JavaScript in one file, so the browser just fetches > this one. > I'm guessing that the user running foreman had no write access to that > directory... > Ohad >>