Host Collection package actions do not work via remote execution

Problem:
Hosts are configured with a Content View, subscribed to repositories and grouped into a Katello Host Collection. Katello reports that the hosts have package updates available.

Remote Execution is configured and tested successfully.
Use remote execution by default = Yes

Package related Bulk Actions accessed via “Host Collections --> hc-patch-these-hosts --> Details --> Package Installation, Removal, and Update (via Remote Execution)” have no effect on the members of the Host Collection.

Expected outcome:
If Host Collections --> hc-patch-these-hosts --> Details --> Package Installation, Removal, and Update --> Update all packages (via Remote Execution)" is selected then all packages are updated on members of the Host Collection.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 1.16
Katello 3.5

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
foreman-remote-execution 1.3

Other relevant data:
[e.g. logs from Foreman and/or the Proxy, modified templates, commands issued, etc]

• Goferd-less host management is configured.
  • Package related Bulk Actions accessed via “Host Collections” tested successfully via katello-agent/goferd prior to disabling goferd (after resolving Bug #22289).

/var/log/foreman/production.log: https://pastebin.com/SnJRkSmb

Hi,

There are two recently fixed issues that probably cause the behaviour you’re seeing:

They are both alligned to Katello 3.5.2, which I’m not sure when it’s scheduled to get out. Anyone from @katello knows?

@akofink do you know?

We haven’t really set the release date yet. It’s mostly dependent on this list of bugs having no high/urgent issues that aren’t resolved. I see one remaining issue that needs to be investigated, so hopefully we can get started on building/packaging 3.5.2 soon.

Cheers for the info. I can confirm that we are hitting at least one of the bugs Ivan listed.

As we have Host Collection bulk actions working via goferd we will re-enable that while the kinks are worked out of REX.