Host Collection Widget

Problem:
We use host collections as to patch servers with. Management would like to look at the host collection dashboard widget and see it be green after a patching window is complete. Today, since the widget looks at applicable errata, it is almost always red.

Expected outcome:
To either be able to toggle the widget between applicable and installable or just have another widget for installable.

Foreman and Proxy versions:

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:

Looking at the code for the widget, it will be

• red if there are security errata;
  • yellow if there are bugfix errata, and
  • green otherwise.

Unfortunately this behavior is not customizable for the host collections widget.

However, there is a Setting errata_status_installable, which does what you want except it’s for the host’s Errata Status instead of the widget.

Yes, we have that setting set and that works fine when filtering by host collection in the ‘Content Host’ view. However, management likes dashboards and wants to see something similar to what they have in the Windows world.

I have glanced at the code as well to see if it was something that I could quickly change but it appears that class used by many things.

Since I think this is a valid feature request, I opened Feature #37288: Host Collections widget should respect the errata_status_installable setting - Katello - Foreman

1 Like