Host creation with ansible issues

Problem:
I just want to create the host in foreman without it triggering vcenter to create the vm in vcenter via the compute profile. It seems the network interface doesnt populate the network fields, and the module is limited to doing one build at a time.

So im using the vmware_guest module to build and then use the foreman module to simply create the host, however when the foreman module goes to create the host, a duplicate powered-off vm is generated in vcenter.

Is there anyway to turn this off?

Expected outcome:
I use ansible, which creates the host perfectly fine, but when i use the flags “managed: no, build: no” it should only create the host in foreman and not trigger create the vm in vcenter.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

ansible 2.9.17
config file = /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
configured module search path = [u’/usr/local/ansible/modules/ansible-module-foreman’]
ansible python module location = /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ansible
executable location = /usr/bin/ansible
python version = 2.7.5 (default, Nov 16 2020, 22:23:17) [GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-44)]

Other relevant data:

Nick T

To make Foreman not try to deploy a host on a CR, you need to force it not to have a CR assigned.

With the ansible modules, you’d write compute_resource: '' in the params I think.