Host doenst appear on Foreman UI

I created new host, I sign the new host and for second pulling I get bellow error:
grafik

I dont see the Host foreman UI, but in Certificates is listed.
Does anyone why ? or whats the problem is ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Neeloj

@Marek_Hulan I think below article make the Problem, what do you think ?

I’d run /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/node.rb vm-... manually on the puppetserver to see what the output is.

I get this TimeoutError as you said I should not modify the cert_ca file

$# /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/node.rb vm-win.local
During fact upload occured an exception: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (unable to get issuer certificate)
/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/node.rb:446: warning: constant ::TimeoutError is deprecated
Serving cached ENC: Could not send facts to Foreman: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (unable to get issuer certificate)
Unable to read from Cache file: No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver/yaml/foreman/vm-win.local.yaml

Interesting, ti seems the facts upload fails on the certificate verification. This SSL error indicates the problem with the client certificate. I wonder if your Foreman still trusts the client certificate signed by the puppet CA. Did you say the reports are uploaded fine? I was under the impression reports and facts actually use the same configuration so I’d expect either both to work or both to fail.

Unfortunatelly I dont check that.

You are right but I could see the certificates on Foreman UI.

I change the seetings as @ekohl said. Im testing now for two days and if that work Ill give my feedback and the solution here.

1 Like

@ekohl thank you so much, after testing the solution for many days it works like expected:

2 Likes