How to release the lock of a canceled task?

Problem:
Can’t run a sync task because of previous task canceled but lock not released

Expected outcome:
complete the sync task

Foreman and Proxy versions:

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
foreman-tasks 6.0.0
foreman_puppet 3.0.5
foreman_remote_execution 6.0.0
katello 4.4.0.rc2

Distribution and version:
CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

Other relevant data:

The new sync I try to run state

> ForemanTasks::Lock::LockConflict: Le verrouillage requis est déjà utilisé par d'autres tâches en cours.
> Veuillez inspecter leur état, corriger leurs erreurs et les reprendre.
> 
> Conflits avec les tâches :
> - https://myserver/foreman_tasks/tasks/eb8cc19b-38a7-4b08-939b-da1f3969d777

The previous task state:

Exception:
Katello::Errors::Pulp3Error: Task canceled

On the lock tab I can see a locked icon on the Katello::repository

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunatly even after restarting foreman services or rebooting the server the lock isn’t released…

@GC29

If you goto the task link, there should be a button called Dynflow Console, click that it will open a new tab and from there you will see all the steps that the task has spawned. You should see one that is in orange/red and next to it will be an option to skip. Click that then at the top left click resume and refresh the page until the task either goes to stopped, or paused again, which in that case you would repeat the process, if you don’t see the orange/red task on the run tab, check the finalize one.

I knew this way to skip task, but in this case the option isn’t present. I should have write it in my first post.

Here is the state of the task:

And the related dynflow console view

Another point of attention, I upgrade my server from foreman 2.2 to 3.2 since the task was started.

@GC29

If you goto settings - ForemanTasks, is there an option called allow dangerous actions or something of that wording? If so set that to true and see if you see the option.

Unfortunatly I can’t find a setting of this type under the tasks tab

@GC29 We can do a remote session if you want, I am free this aftenoon around 1PM EST? or tomorrow after 11 AM EST. If that works I can PM you the session info?

1 Like