We need to decide how to ship Foreman Ansible modules in https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-ansible-modules to users.
If you would like, more info is available in the discussion at https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-ansible-modules/issues/108
- Leave this repository as is and advertise how to get the modules through use of git and package manager to get the python dependencies
- Turn this into a role and bundle it up into Galaxy
- Move the contents of this repository into Ansible core repository and decommission this git repo
- Treat Ansible core as a snapshot of the modules, and on a regular basis transfer updates to the repository while doing core development here
- Develop modules here and graduate them out to Ansible core
- Package up our modules ourselves. As a user, it’s like installing an “add-on” to ansible providing extra modules.
I will close this poll in 2 weeks time, 5th November, whatever has the most votes we will go ahead with. If we pick the wrong one, we’ll figure that out and can correct course. - @ehelms