In what category should I post into?

Hello there,

This is my first post after just joining this discussion; so please forgive me and provide kind assistance if I have posted to the wrong subsection,

I am new here but a real enthusiast and loving this community so far. I have a background in teaching coding and in education and feel I could help with documentation; at least for starters.

As a new member in this forum and wish to share and gain some knowledge. I am looking forward to create my own discussion to resolve my query and gain some knowledge though I have taken part in various discussion which is definitely helped me a lot.

Also in what category should be taken depends on what factors?

Thankyou in advance.

1 Like

Hey,

I’m currently working on my RHEL 9 Foreman Guide. It’s been quite a journey, especially at the beginning when I encountered nearly every conceivable issue. But I persevered and decided to document every step of the installation and setup process, including an introduction to discovery and provisioning, libvirt & proxmox - computeresources and diskless pxe-boot using zfs and proxmox.

so far i have covered 6 topics that should help you to learn the basics.

Feel free to join me and contribute to the guide, your assistance would be greatly appreciated Writing comprehensive guides while simultaneously learning Foreman can indeed be time-consuming and challenging.

ps* i think those kind of questions should usually go under community/tutorial

1 Like

@ji-podhead this looks great! Thanks for posting.

Also please note the official documentation site (for Foreman with Katello): Foreman documentation: 3.1

and to contribute to the docs: GitHub - theforeman/foreman-documentation: Documentation for the Foreman Project and its ecosystem

2 Likes

Thanks, I couldn’t find the documents for foreman 3.10 yet. is this new?
This project was originally intended to be a non-commercial project. Can I afford to contribute to the official foreman documents?
Will they at least quote me, or will I waste time for no reason providing tutorials and guides on Enterprise Linux?

yes kartello was my next stepstone, since i dont have a job right now and i cant provide freee work to the community all the time with no effort

i guess i will lay this on ice

The foreman-documentation repository has a AUTHORS file in it which gets generated from the git logs’ authors, not regularly updated but that’s the only attribution place I know of right now.

But yeah making the docs even better is a great place to add to IMO :slight_smile:

why should invest my time as a freebee?
idk. i am not sane, but this seems like a huuuuge enterprise flaw to me

I’m sorry this might be a bit direct, you sound like you are asking “Why does open source exist and why should I contribute to it?”
This is still an open source project, still when companies are putting in a lot of workforce to contribute and steer it.
Also you might not have noticed yet, there are multiple downstream products :slight_smile:

At least my drive to continuously contribute to it since a few years is, making improvements where improvements can be made, to be able to use a better product in the end.

1 Like

the developeres dont even care

you are not allowed to use my guide

Good to hear about this mate.

I have gone through these link and found it very much useful and informative to be honest as a new user I am loving this community so far and looking forward for more such discussions.

2 Likes

Could Someone please explain why this post has been temporarily hidden?

You have a flag symbol on every message to report them, I guess this one was a bit of a far stretch of the Community Guidelines