Install Katello 3.5/Foreman 1.16 on RHEL 7.4 Fails with liquibase SAXException

I am trying to install Katello 3.5 and Foreman 1.16 on RHEL 7.4. I have all the latest repos for Katello, Foreman, Katello-Candlepin, etc.

When I run " foreman-installer --scenario katello"
I get the following error:

######### ERROR ############
Error running command: liquibase --driver=org.postgresql.Driver
–classpath=/usr/share/java/postgresql-jdbc.jar:/var/lib/tomcat/webapps/candlepin/WEB-INF/classes/
–changeLogFile=db/changelog/changelog-create.xml
–url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/candlepin --username=candlepin
–password= --logLevel=severe migrate -Dcommunity=False
Status code: 65280
Command output: SEVERE 2/27/18 9:18 AM: Liquibase: Error thrown as a SAXExecption: Error parsing line 7 column 75 of db/changelog/20171017062314-add-target-index-on-job-table.xml: schema reference.4: Failed to read schema document ‘http://www.liquibase.org/xml/ns/dbchangelog/dbchangelog-3.5.xsd’, because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not xsd:schema
. . .

Please advise.

Thank you!

I believe this is a known item and would be fixed by us updating the Candlepin version in our repositories. I created a Redmine ticket for this:

http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/22709

This should get triaged during tomorrow’s Katello triage but I am also letting @akofink the 3.5 release owner know and @Jonathon_Turel who did the last CP update to Katello.

1 Like

Had the same issue while installing Foreman on CentOS 7.4. I’ve successfuly tested the current nightly build of Katello with the following candlepin packages:

candlepin-selinux-2.1.14-1.el7.noarch
candlepin-2.1.14-1.el7.noarch

Any chance this gets backported to Katello 3.5?

It was just included in 3.5:

Hello,

I was able to successfully upgrade from Katello 3.4/Foreman 1.15 to Katello 3.5/Foreman 1.16 with the updated candlepin packages:

candlepin-selinux-2.1.14-1.el7.noarch
candlepin-2.1.14-1.el7.noarch

I assume a straight install would also work now too. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve just tested a fresh installation and it worked without any problems.

1 Like

Hello,

So I am completely new to Katello and Foreman. I am trying to install 3.5.1 on an air gapped system when I encounter the exact same issue as above. So I am trying to find the candlepin packages but I only seem to be able to find the “src.rpm” for version candlepin-2.1.14-1.

So my question is, where can I find the noarch version of the candlepin-2.1.14-1 with all its dependencies?