Installing Foreman: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: foreman_proxy

No, it's missing the operating system code from the URL. This is
generated in params.pp based on the detected OS, you might have missed
an occurrence.

··· On 01/05/13 16:26, Brian Dunbar wrote: > Booted a new host, OracleLinux 6, x86-64. Ran the installer as > suggested in the manual, section 3.2.1. > > After correcting four install.pp files to include 'OracleLinux' as a > valid choice I ran > > ruby /usr/share/foreman-installer/generate_answers.rb > > Accepted defaults ('y'). Puppet issued errors, starting with this one .. > > Error: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install foreman-sqlite' > returned 1: Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for > repository: foreman_proxy. Please verify its path and try again > > I thought that was funny. Looked at the /etc/yum.repos.d/foreman_proxy.repo > > [root@co-ap-915 yum.repos.d]# cat foreman_proxy.repo > [foreman_proxy] > name=Foreman stable repository > baseurl=http://yum.theforeman.org/releases/latest//$basearch > enabled=1 > gpgcheck=0 > > The baseurl value has an extra '/' in it. Is it _supposed_ to be like that?

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

That was it. Thanks, Dominic.

I feel a little silly that I missed the os code in the URL. Perhaps this
is the wrong month to cut down on coffee.

··· On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:30:24 AM UTC-5, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 01/05/13 16:26, Brian Dunbar wrote: > (snip) > > The baseurl value has an extra '/' in it. Is it _supposed_ to be like > that? > > No, it's missing the operating system code from the URL. This is > generated in params.pp based on the detected OS, you might have missed > an occurrence. > >