Internal Server Error - User add and giving administrator access to user

When ever I tried to giving administrator privillege to user, that time I am getting below error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator,[no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Can you please help to fix this,

Can you please paste the relevant lines from /var/log/foreman/production.log?

PFB details,but its not having useful error info.

2020-02-12 15:29:00 [app] [I] Processing by UsersController#edit as /
2020-02-12 15:29:00 [app] [I] Parameters: {“id”=>“22-jdane”}
2020-02-12 15:29:00 [app] [I] Rendered taxonomies/_loc_org_tabs.html.erb (0.6ms)
2020-02-12 15:29:00 [app] [I] Rendered users/_form.html.erb (39.3ms)
2020-02-12 15:29:00 [app] [I] Rendered users/edit.html.erb (40.4ms)
2020-02-12 15:29:00 [app] [I] Completed 200 OK in 62ms (Views: 39.2ms | ActiveRecord: 4.3ms)

This doesn’t look like the correct part of the log, this is the loading of the edit form. there should be a request that completes with failure that contains the full error stack trace. you might need to enable debug logging level and restart the foreman server first.
What version of foreman are you using? are there any plugins installed?

Version of the foreman is foreman-installer-1.12.4-1
Yes plugins are installed

Foreman 1.12.4 is very old (over 3 years now!) and is no longer supported.
Most chances are that this is a bug that has been fixed since, and no-one will have an environment running such an old version to even try and debug the issue you are facing.
I highly recommend updating to a supported version, such as 1.24.2.

ok understand, Can you please share the guide for upgrade the version to 1.24.2.

You will need to upgrade one version at a time, starting from 1.13 manual and going forward using the manual for every version. Please also take note of the upgrade warning and deprecations in each version.

Another option is to set up a new Foreman instance with the latest version and migrate your hosts to it.

Which path would be easier depends on your infrastructure.

I think second option would be feasible. Can you share some document link for start the migration.

Also foreman running in RHEL 6 and if we install the foreman into RHEL 7 then if the DB migration will support interms of OS perspective.

By setting up a new instance i mean that you will need to reconfigure all of your hosts to talk to the new instance and set up all of the configuration from scratch on it. there is no simple migration that will take the db and migrate it to the new format. for that you will need to go through all the different version, as well as upgrade your underlying os in the process.

As of now there is no high availability available in the present puppet server. Instead of doing upgrade in present puppet we plan to setup other instance and copy all settings over there.

There are known cases where a postgresql database dump on an old version imported on a fresh install have worked. You do need to run foreman-rake db:migrate && foreman-rake db:seed and probably the installer again. You are also responsible for making sure things still work as intended since it’s not really a supported path.