publishing content view 2.0 succeeds

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 2.4
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Katello 4,01
Distribution and version:
CentOS 7.9
Other relevant data:
Im trying to setup an ubuntu 20.04 host. I configured a repo and it is syncing successfully daily, 11353 deb packages. I registered the host and see it under hosts and content hosts. And created an ubuntu host group . Remote execution and running ansible roles are working. At this point all is looking good. Also , i have approx 35 centos and almalinux hosts functioning properly.

I created a content view 1.0 successfully. Shortly thereafter I tried to publish a new version. It failed with the message:

SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (error number 1)

Dynflow shows :

1: Actions::Katello::Repository::CheckMatchingContent (error)
Error:

RestClient::SSLCertificateNotVerified

SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (error number 1)

Can someone explain to me what cert the publishing of a content view its complaining about and how I can fix it? Im still a Foreman newb with many growing pains.

Thanks

I guess your Foreman/Katello doen’t trust Pulp’s certificate. Did you customize any certificates in your setup?

Hello Marek,
Thank you for the reply.
No I did not customize any certificates.
Its not clear to me which certificates would be involved in publishing a content view and why the first version would publish ok but the second one fail and produce that error.

Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks