Katello 3.11 - Cannot delete/disable gpg checking on repo after creation

Problem:
Created repo (foreman-client repo) with supplied gpg key, only to find out the packages in the repo aren’t signed. Delete the gpg key from repo (set to undefined) but the gpg key does not get updated on client machines.

Expected outcome:
Disable gpgcheck on repo on clients.

Foreman and Proxy versions:

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Foreman 1.21 and matching Proxy
Katello 3.11

Other relevant data:
[e.g. logs from Foreman and/or the Proxy, modified templates, commands issued, etc]
(for logs, surround with three back-ticks to get proper formatting, e.g.)

logs

I will try to reproduce this issue, but in the meantime, have you tried running ‘subscription-manager refresh’ on the clients? (Or wait 4 hours for it to automatically occur)

yes, tried refreshing, unregister and reregister and everything else i could think of.
Nothing worked until i completely removed the repository and re-created it without setting the gpg key ( which was a pain since i had published 4-5 versions of the content-view that included it and had to remove those versions first )

Hi,
i have same problem. Completely same behavior. I tried remove gpg key, published new version of all content view, run subscription refresh but gpg check is still enabled.

One possible solution is start signing repo with foreman client.

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Foreman 1.21 and matching Proxy
Katello 3.11

I was able to reproduce this, i’ve filed an issue here: Bug #26443: changing gpg key on a repository has no effect - Katello - Foreman Will see about working on a patch.