Katello 3.7 upgrade conflict with python2-django16

Trying to upgrade from Katello 3.6 to katello 3.7 on Centos 7.6.1810. I am on the yum -y update command of Step 4 and getting the messages below:

–> Processing Conflict: python2-django16-1.6.11.7-5.el7.noarch conflicts python2-django >= 1.7
–> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: python2-django16 conflicts with python2-django-1.11.13-4.el7.noarch
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
Uploading Enabled Repositories Report
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, product-id, subscription-manager

I cannot remove python2-django16 because doing so removes the following too:

====================================================================================================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size

Removing:
python2-django16 noarch 1.6.11.7-5.el7 @epel 15 M
Removing for dependencies:
katello noarch 3.6.0-3.el7 @katello 0.0
pulp-deb-plugins noarch 1.6.0-1.el7 @pulp 154 k
pulp-docker-plugins noarch 3.1.2-1.el7 @pulp 397 k
pulp-katello noarch 1.0.2-1.el7 @katello 37 k
pulp-puppet-plugins noarch 2.15.3-1.el7 @pulp 345 k
pulp-rpm-plugins noarch 2.15.3-1.el7 @pulp 1.3 M
pulp-server noarch 2.15.3-1.el7 @pulp 3.3 M
python-pulp-streamer noarch 2.15.3-1.el7 @pulp 54 k

Transaction Summary

Remove 1 Package (+8 Dependent packages)

So how can I finish this upgrade?

Louis

Hi,

I am facing the same issue when upgrading from katello 3.6 to katello 3.7, and seems that other users are also having problems:

I tried to blacklist/exclude but of course it complains:
–> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: pulp-server-2.16.4-1.el7.noarch (pulp)
Requires: python-django >= 1.8.0
Installed: python2-django16-1.6.11.7-5.el7.noarch (@epel)
python-django = 1.6.11.7-5.el7

Found this bug but not a fix.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1651302

Also found this: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1647611

One possible (untested) workaround:

# yum shell
> remove python2-django16 
> install python2-django
> run
1 Like

Since I am on a VM I decided to try the yum shell option SKOHL offered. Seems to work. Lets see if I can get to 3.7.

Worst case I revert back to my snapshot before all of this.

I ended up having to revert anyway so after reverting to the before I checked and found the following installed:

[root@fm ~]# rpm -qa|grep django
python-django-bash-completion-1.6.11.7-1.el7.noarch
python2-django-1.6.11.7-1.el7.noarch

So it seems the problems happen with the first yum -y update in Step 2. So I went looking at found https://centos.pkgs.org/7/epel-x86_64/python-django-bash-completion-1.11.13-4.el7.noarch.rpm.html and https://centos.pkgs.org/7/epel-x86_64/python2-django-1.11.13-4.el7.noarch.rpm.html. I downloaded them and just updated to those versions. I am hoping this gets past the problem version.

So after updating python2-django to 1.11.13-4 by hand and then performing the yum -y update in step 2. Python2-django has not changed. So I believe this is the way to go. At least for now.

Now I am getting errors with something else:

Transaction check error:
file /usr/lib/node_modules/redux/node_modules/lodash from install of nodejs-redux-3.7.2-1.el7.noarch conflicts with file from package nodejs-redux-3.6.0-1.el7.noarch
file /usr/lib/node_modules/redux/node_modules/symbol-observable from install of nodejs-redux-3.7.2-1.el7.noarch conflicts with file from package nodejs-redux-3.6.0-1.el7.noarch
file /usr/lib/node_modules/redux/node_modules/lodash-es from install of nodejs-redux-3.7.2-1.el7.noarch conflicts with file from package nodejs-redux-3.6.0-1.el7.noarch
file /usr/lib/node_modules/redux/node_modules/loose-envify from install of nodejs-redux-3.7.2-1.el7.noarch conflicts with file from package nodejs-redux-3.6.0-1.el7.noarch
file /usr/lib/node_modules/babel-plugin-transform-object-rest-spread/node_modules/babel-plugin-syntax-object-rest-spread from install of nodejs-babel-plugin-transform-object-rest-spread-6.26.0-1.el7.noarch conflicts with file from package nodejs-babel-plugin-transform-object-rest-spread-6.16.0-1.el7.noarch
file /usr/lib/node_modules/babel-plugin-transform-object-rest-spread/node_modules/babel-runtime from install of nodejs-babel-plugin-transform-object-rest-spread-6.26.0-1.el7.noarch conflicts with file from package nodejs-babel-plugin-transform-object-rest-spread-6.16.0-1.el7.noarch
file /usr/lib/node_modules/babel-plugin-transform-object-assign/node_modules/babel-runtime from install of nodejs-babel-plugin-transform-object-assign-6.22.0-1.el7.noarch conflicts with file from package nodejs-babel-plugin-transform-object-assign-6.8.0-1.el7.noarch
file /usr/lib/node_modules/c3/node_modules/d3 from install of nodejs-c3-0.4.11-2.el7.noarch conflicts with file from package nodejs-c3-0.4.11-1.el7.noarch

Error Summary

Anyone know if these are needed by foreman/katello?

nodejs packages should be build time only, but it surprises me that those packages aren’t considered an upgrade. If you yum remove nodejs*, would it actually remove any foreman packages?

I removed the nodejs packages and then re-installed them fine. After that I was able to complete the yum update and the katello upgrade steps.

I have not tested yet to make sure all is working but if not I do have a snapshot to failback too.