Expected outcome:
Katello repo is useable by clients
Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
???
Distribution and version:
Rocky Linux 8.9
Other relevant data:
Foreman-3.7 & Katello-4.9 installed without issue on Rocky Linux 8.9. CentOS6/7 and Rocky Linux 8/9 repos successfully setup and useable by clients. Foreman-client and Foreman-3.7 repos setup, client repo visible and available to all. Foreman-3.7 visible and available to the Foreman server and the Smart Proxy server I am attempting to setup. Katello-4.9 repo is visible to the Smart Proxy server I want to setup but searching for any packages on the local Katello repo shows no results found. I have verified that yum is pulling down the repodata from all configured repos, only the local Katello repo has issue. Please let me know what other info I can provide.

Thank you!

Here is some more relevant data:

- Excerpt from client repo file showing enabled repos
- Subscription-Manager repo list from client
- Yum search showing client is pulling metadata from local repos
- Non-working repo config in Foreman
- Repo package listing showing packages that should have been returned in the yum search above
- Working repo that yum successfully search/installs from

Guessing here, but did you enable the modules? Otherwise dnf will hide packages from those repos.

can you post the output of dnf module list on the client system?

1 Like

@evgeni Thank you! I was following the guide here: Installing a Smart Proxy Server 3.7 on CentOS/RHEL and at no point between the start of the document and section 2.2 command #2 does it mention about enabling the modules for Smart Proxy, I found it referenced in an appendix of the above site though.

This sounds like a bug in the docs then! :slight_smile:

1 Like