Katello::Resources::Candlepin::Owner: 404 Not Found (GET /candlepin/owners/COMPANYNAME)"

**Problem:
I am experiencing the following problems:

• In the GUI, when I want to check Content Hosts, I click hosts > Content Hosts but am given the error “Oops, we’re sorry but something went wrong Katello::Resources::Candlepin::Owner: 404 Not Found (GET /candlepin/owners/COMPANYNAME)”

• In the GUI, when I want to check Host Collections, I click Hosts > Host Collections but am given the error "Oops, we’re sorry but something went wrong Katello::Resources::Candlepin::Owner: 404 Not Found (GET /candlepin/owners/COMPANYNAME)

• In the GUI, when I want to check Subscriptions, I click Hosts > Subscriptions but am given the errors:

• "Katello::Resources::Candlepin::Owner: 404 Not Found (GET /candlepin/owners/COMPANYNAME/imports)
    • "Katello::Resources::Candlepin::Pool: 404 Not Found (GET /candlepin/owners/COMPANYNAME/pools?add_future=true&attribure=unmappted_guests_only:!true)

The foreman status page on our foreman instance https://foreman.COMPANYNAME/about gives the following errors:

Component Status Message
pulp OK
pulp_auth OK
candlepin FAIL 404 Not Found
candlepin_auth FAIL Katello::Resources::Candlepin::CandlepinPing: 404 Not Found (GET /candlepin/status)
foreman_tasks OK
katello_events OK 0 Processed, 0 Failed, 0 in queue
candlepin_events OK 0 Processed, 0 Failed, in queue

The errors above seem to indicate that there are missing folders (specifically in the candleping section of the foreman installation tree - 404 errors), specifically the “owners” and “status” folders.

Expected outcome:

• In the GUI, when I want to check Content Hosts, I click hosts > Content Hosts and Content Hosts loads
  • In the GUI, when I want to check Host Collections, I click Hosts > Host Collections and Host Collections loads
  • In the GUI, when I want to check Subscriptions, I click Hosts > Subscriptions and Subscriptions loads

The foreman status page on our foreman instance https://foreman.COMPANYNAME/about should return the following:

Component Status Message
pulp OK
pulp_auth OK
candlepin OK
candlepin_auth OK
foreman_tasks OK
katello_events OK 0 Processed, 0 Failed, 0 in queue
candlepin_events OK 0 Processed, 0 Failed, in queue

Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman-1.24.1-1.el7.noarch
foreman-cli-2.3.2-1.el7.noarch
foreman-debug-2.3.2-1.el7.noarch
foreman-installer-1.24.1-1.el7.noarch
foreman-installer-katello-1.24.1-1.el7.noarch
foreman-postgresql-1.24.1-1.el7.noarch
foreman-proxy-1.24.1-1.el7.noarch
foreman-release-2.3.2-1.el7.noarch
foreman-release-scl-7-2.el7.noarch
foreman-selinux-2.3.2-1.el7.noarch
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:

candlepin-3.2.11-1.el7.noarch
candlepin-selinux-3.2.11-1.el7.noarch
katello-3.15.0-0.3.master.el7.noarch
katello-certs-tools-2.6.0-1.el7.noarch
katello-client-bootstrap-1.7.5-1.el7.noarch
katello-common-3.15.0-0.3.master.el7.noarch
katello-debug-3.15.0-0.3.master.el7.noarch
katello-default-ca-1.0-1.noarch
katello-repos-4.0-0.3.nightly.el7.noarch
katello-selinux-3.5.1-1.el7.noarch
katello-server-ca-1.0-1.noarch
katello-service-3.8.1-1.el7.noarch
pulp-admin-client-2.21.0-1.el7.noarch
pulp-client-1.0-8.noarch
pulp-deb-plugins-1.10.2-1.el7.noarch
pulp-docker-plugins-3.2.5-1.el7.noarch
pulp-katello-1.0.3-1.el7.noarch
pulp-puppet-plugins-2.21.0-1.el7.noarch
pulp-puppet-tools-2.21.0-1.el7.noarch
pulp-rpm-plugins-2.21.0-1.el7.noarch
pulp-selinux-2.21.0-1.el7.noarch
pulp-server-2.21.0-1.el7.noarch

As part of my diagnostics I searched the installation tree for the Ruby Constants in the errors shown above:

A search for “Katello::Resources::Candlepin::Owner” returned references in the files below:
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/lib/actions/candlepin/owner/autoattach.rb
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/lib/actions/candlepin/owner/create.rb
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/lib/actions/candlepin/owner/destroy.rb
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/lib/actions/candlepin/owner/destroy_imports.rb
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/lib/actions/candlepin/owner/import.rb
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/lib/actions/candlepin/owner/organization_extensions.rb

A search for “Katello::Resources::Candlepin::Pool” found no files

A search for “Katello::Resources::Candlepin::CandlepinPing” returned the file
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/lib/katello/resources/candlepin_ping.rb

As I managed to find references to the Ruby Constants, I searched the install tree for the folders “owners” and “status”, as shown below:

A search for “candlepin” has found candlepin folders at
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/lib/actions/candlepin
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/lib/katello/resources/candlepin
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/models/katello/candlepin
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/models/katello/glue/candlepin
/opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.15.0.pre.master/app/services/katello/candlepin

but none of those folders have an “owners” subfolder or “status” subfolder.

It seems to be that (for what ever reason) files/folders have gone missing. If that is the case, what can I do to resolve these issues? Can anyone advise, please?

I believe I have figured the problem out. An upgrade of katello was performed. Foreman server moved from 3.8 to 3.15 in one hit. My reading indicates that this will cause problems.