Katello and Redhat manifest refresh

Hi, I’m having trouble understanding the refresh manifest option.

I’ve uploaded the manifest (downloaded from redhat customer portal) successfully, register one client, but how can I refresh the information on the redhat customer portal after this? Is it with the refresh manifest option?

Thanks,
Bruno

Hi all,

Hi have some questions about the redhat integration with katello. After creating the manifest and upload it to katello I have some of my subscriptions available, but I have the following issues that I don’t know how to handle:

• How can I sync the subscriptions that I have used with the redhat customer portal?
  • How can I migrate the redhat clients that are subscribed in the rhsm to katello?
  • On Satellite I think there’s a redhat access plugin that also allows us to get support and create case. Does katello also has this?

Thanks,
Bruno

• How can I sync the subscriptions that I have used with the redhat customer portal?

The first step is to download the manifest and load it into katello. After that, you can make changes in the portan and refresh the manifest to pull more down.

• How can I migrate the redhat clients that are subscribed in the rhsm to katello?

We suggest the bootstrap script for this.

• On Satellite I think there’s a redhat access plugin that also allows us to get support and create case. Does katello also has this?

There plugin is available downstream, but it requires a susbcription to get value out of it.

Hi,

Thanks Bryan.

I thought that the refresh was for both sides, I mean, after subscribed a new server if I refresh this info will appear on the portal. So with katello I will have all the subscriptions on katello server and on the portal nothing will appear?

I thought bootstrap was only for old versions and did not apply to rhsm, thanks.

And what do you mean with subscription, a satellite one?

Bruno