[katello] Installation instructions

Hi,

Doing my first fresh install for a while and think the Katello installation
page needs a tweak.

http://www.katello.org/docs/installation/index.html

Users end up installing the Foreman-1.6 repos rather than 1.7, which ends
up with a dependency fail for ruby193-rubygem-foreman_docker

Cheers

Duncan

Might want to upgrade the EPEL package to:

http://mirror.pnl.gov/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-5.noarch.rpm

as well. The 7-2 version doesn't appear to exist.

Duncan

Thanks Duncan - can you file an issue against
Foreman so we can
keep track of this?

Also, if you want, PR's accepted to
https://github.com/katello/katello.org, GitHub even lets you edit the
page and submit the PR all from the browser.

··· On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 04:58:08AM -0800, Duncan Innes wrote: > Might want to upgrade the EPEL package to: > > http://mirror.pnl.gov/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-5.noarch.rpm > > as well. The 7-2 version doesn't appear to exist. > > Duncan >

–
Best Regards,

Stephen Benjamin
Red Hat Engineering

No problem - I'll look into it. I'm just getting back into messing around
with Katello. I'd thought that 2.1 was released, but found out otherwise.
Coming up against a few niggly install issues for a start.

Shall I tag them all as for 2.1?

··· On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 13:42:29 UTC, Stephen Benjamin wrote:

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 04:58:08AM -0800, Duncan Innes wrote:

Might want to upgrade the EPEL package to:

http://mirror.pnl.gov/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-5.noarch.rpm

as well. The 7-2 version doesn’t appear to exist.

Duncan

Thanks Duncan - can you file an issue against
http://projects.theforeman.org/projects/katello/issues/new so we can
keep track of this?

Also, if you want, PR’s accepted to
https://github.com/katello/katello.org, GitHub even lets you edit the
page and submit the PR all from the browser.

–
Best Regards,

Stephen Benjamin
Red Hat Engineering

Please do. We'll triage them from there. And thanks!

··· On Jan 14, 2015 11:02 AM, "Duncan Innes" wrote:

No problem - I’ll look into it. I’m just getting back into messing around
with Katello. I’d thought that 2.1 was released, but found out otherwise.
Coming up against a few niggly install issues for a start.

Shall I tag them all as for 2.1?

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 13:42:29 UTC, Stephen Benjamin wrote:

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 04:58:08AM -0800, Duncan Innes wrote:

Might want to upgrade the EPEL package to:

http://mirror.pnl.gov/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-5.noarch.rpm

as well. The 7-2 version doesn’t appear to exist.

Duncan

Thanks Duncan - can you file an issue against
http://projects.theforeman.org/projects/katello/issues/new so we can
keep track of this?

Also, if you want, PR’s accepted to
https://github.com/katello/katello.org, GitHub even lets you edit the
page and submit the PR all from the browser.

–
Best Regards,

Stephen Benjamin
Red Hat Engineering

–
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“foreman-dev” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to foreman-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Just checking - you're still using Tracker
at Issues - Katello - Foreman for issues aren't
you?

Duncan

··· On Thursday, 15 January 2015 11:59:15 UTC, Eric Helms wrote: > > Please do. We'll triage them from there. And thanks! > On Jan 14, 2015 11:02 AM, "Duncan Innes" <dun...@innes.net > > wrote: > >> No problem - I'll look into it. I'm just getting back into messing >> around with Katello. I'd thought that 2.1 was released, but found out >> otherwise. Coming up against a few niggly install issues for a start. >> >> Shall I tag them all as for 2.1? >> >> On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 13:42:29 UTC, Stephen Benjamin wrote: >> >>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 04:58:08AM -0800, Duncan Innes wrote: >>> > Might want to upgrade the EPEL package to: >>> > >>> > http://mirror.pnl.gov/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-5.noarch.rpm >>> > >>> > as well. The 7-2 version doesn't appear to exist. >>> > >>> > Duncan >>> > >>> >>> Thanks Duncan - can you file an issue against >>> http://projects.theforeman.org/projects/katello/issues/new so we can >>> keep track of this? >>> >>> Also, if you want, PR's accepted to >>> https://github.com/katello/katello.org, GitHub even lets you edit the >>> page and submit the PR all from the browser. >>> >>> -- >>> Best Regards, >>> >>> Stephen Benjamin >>> Red Hat Engineering >>> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "foreman-dev" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to foreman-dev...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >