katello-nightly-rpm-pipeline 1014 failed

Katello nightly pipeline failed:

https://ci.theforeman.org/job/katello-nightly-rpm-pipeline/1014/

foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos8-install (failed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos8-stream-install (failed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos7-install (failed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos8-upgrade (failed) (remote job)
foreman-pipeline-katello-nightly-centos7-upgrade (failed) (remote job)

This failure is related to the fact that puppet-pulpcore no longer supports pulp 3.11, but nightly is still running pulp 3.11.

Should we pin the puppet module for now? or let it fail untill we are on 3.14 (will probably be a few more days until that happens).

I think it’s less puppet-pulpcore, but this change in forklift:
https://github.com/theforeman/forklift/pull/1378

but the gist is the same: we run code that expects to talk to 3.11 against a 3.14

If we’re very close to getting 3.14 in nightlies we can wait, but if it’s still a few days out it might be worth pinning for now and unpinning once 3.14 is ready, to make sure nothing else broke in the month+ that katello nightlies were red.

The month+ is not accurate in my view. It’s been just at 2 weeks that installs have been broken, and longer that upgrades have been broken. Upgrades were broken due to an issue with foreman_remote_execution_core with a proposed mid-term work around of (Add upgrade step to work around rubygem-foreman_remote_execution_core… by ehelms · Pull Request #1376 · theforeman/forklift · GitHub). So we would also need to merge that or see where the work to fix this issue is presently at.

I can run a local pipeline from the previous state of Pulp if that helps to identify any other potential issues. I would generally say, the answer is, we need to get the Pulp 3.14 changes pushed through.

1 Like

a lot on the pulp side made it released late yesterday, so i think moving forward with 3.14 makes the most sense. upstream katello chnages have also been merged

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.