Katello not showing available Updates

Hey guys,

i got a strange issue. I did a fresh install of katello 3.4 on CentOS 7.
On a second CentOs 7 VM i installed an outdated nginx version.
On the next step i added the EPEL Repo's to Katello synced them and added
my Outdated nginx VM. I also installed the katello agent on this vm.

The Problem is now that katello isnt't showing up any availible updates for
my outdated nginx VM (on yum update the newer version on nginx is showing
up).

Is this by design or i am doing something wrong?

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :-/

Howdy Tim,

Let's check a few items to narrow down what the issue might be:

• you've got katello-agent installed on the host and goferd is running;
    does the UI indicate that it knows katello-agent is installed?
  • if you look at the package list for the content host do you see the
    outdated nginx listed?
  • The content host is currently registered to a content view that contains
    the EPEL repository? (I assume yes since yum update picks up the update but
    just checking)

You could try restarting goferd on the host.

Eric

··· On Jun 3, 2017 10:07 AM, "Tim Hofmann" wrote:

Hey guys,

On the next step i added the EPEL Repo’s to Katello synced them and added
my Outdated nginx VM. I also installed the katello agent on this vm.

The Problem is now that katello isnt’t showing up any availible updates for
my outdated nginx VM (on yum update the newer version on nginx is showing
up).

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Foreman users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Eric,

thanks for your answer.

• Check. Katello Agent is installed and Running. UI also indicates that.
  • Yes, the outdatet nginx is listed under installed packages.
  • Yes, the content Host is registered to a Content View (via Activation
    Key). Auto-Attach is disabled and all needed Subsrciptions are added.

I already tried to restart the goferd agent and checked the logs. No Error
or hint is logged :frowning:

Tim

··· Am Samstag, 3. Juni 2017 17:29:09 UTC+2 schrieb Eric Helms: > > Howdy Tim, > > Let's check a few items to narrow down what the issue might be: > > * you've got katello-agent installed on the host and goferd is running; > does the UI indicate that it knows katello-agent is installed? > * if you look at the package list for the content host do you see the > outdated nginx listed? > * The content host is currently registered to a content view that > contains the EPEL repository? (I assume yes since yum update picks up the > update but just checking) > > You could try restarting goferd on the host. > > Eric > > On Jun 3, 2017 10:07 AM, "Tim Hofmann" <sej...@gmail.com > > wrote: > > Hey guys, > > i got a strange issue. I did a fresh install of katello 3.4 on CentOS 7. > On a second CentOs 7 VM i installed an outdated nginx version. > On the next step i added the EPEL Repo's to Katello synced them and added > my Outdated nginx VM. I also installed the katello agent on this vm. > > The Problem is now that katello isnt't showing up any availible updates > for my outdated nginx VM (on yum update the newer version on nginx is > showing up). > > Is this by design or i am doing something wrong? > > thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :-/ > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Foreman users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com . > To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com > . > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > >

I've done this a few times and not noticed that the client was subscribed
to the wrong view (i.e. a view that didn't have the new RPMs).

What does yum update on the client say? Does it show the new nginx as
available for upgrade? Is it showing you the repositories that you expect
from your Katello?

··· On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 07:18:56 UTC+1, Tim Hofmann wrote: > > Hi Eric, > > thanks for your answer. > > - Check. Katello Agent is installed and Running. UI also indicates that. > - Yes, the outdatet nginx is listed under installed packages. > - Yes, the content Host is registered to a Content View (via Activation > Key). Auto-Attach is disabled and all needed Subsrciptions are added. > > I already tried to restart the goferd agent and checked the logs. No Error > or hint is logged :-( > > Tim > > Am Samstag, 3. Juni 2017 17:29:09 UTC+2 schrieb Eric Helms: >> >> Howdy Tim, >> >> Let's check a few items to narrow down what the issue might be: >> >> * you've got katello-agent installed on the host and goferd is running; >> does the UI indicate that it knows katello-agent is installed? >> * if you look at the package list for the content host do you see the >> outdated nginx listed? >> * The content host is currently registered to a content view that >> contains the EPEL repository? (I assume yes since yum update picks up the >> update but just checking) >> >> You could try restarting goferd on the host. >> >> Eric >> >> On Jun 3, 2017 10:07 AM, "Tim Hofmann" wrote: >> >> Hey guys, >> >> i got a strange issue. I did a fresh install of katello 3.4 on CentOS 7. >> On a second CentOs 7 VM i installed an outdated nginx version. >> On the next step i added the EPEL Repo's to Katello synced them and added >> my Outdated nginx VM. I also installed the katello agent on this vm. >> >> The Problem is now that katello isnt't showing up any availible updates >> for my outdated nginx VM (on yum update the newer version on nginx is >> showing up). >> >> Is this by design or i am doing something wrong? >> >> thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :-/ >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "Foreman users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >> >>

Hi Duncan,

the client is definitely registered to the correct ContentView.

'yum update' shows me the newer version of the nginx package (cause the
installed is older).

Yes the client is showing me the correct Repos.

··· Am Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017 11:26:11 UTC+2 schrieb Duncan Innes: > > I've done this a few times and not noticed that the client was subscribed > to the wrong view (i.e. a view that didn't have the new RPMs). > > What does yum update on the client say? Does it show the new nginx as > available for upgrade? Is it showing you the repositories that you expect > from your Katello? > > On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 07:18:56 UTC+1, Tim Hofmann wrote: >> >> Hi Eric, >> >> thanks for your answer. >> >> - Check. Katello Agent is installed and Running. UI also indicates that. >> - Yes, the outdatet nginx is listed under installed packages. >> - Yes, the content Host is registered to a Content View (via Activation >> Key). Auto-Attach is disabled and all needed Subsrciptions are added. >> >> I already tried to restart the goferd agent and checked the logs. No >> Error or hint is logged :-( >> >> Tim >> >> Am Samstag, 3. Juni 2017 17:29:09 UTC+2 schrieb Eric Helms: >>> >>> Howdy Tim, >>> >>> Let's check a few items to narrow down what the issue might be: >>> >>> * you've got katello-agent installed on the host and goferd is running; >>> does the UI indicate that it knows katello-agent is installed? >>> * if you look at the package list for the content host do you see the >>> outdated nginx listed? >>> * The content host is currently registered to a content view that >>> contains the EPEL repository? (I assume yes since yum update picks up the >>> update but just checking) >>> >>> You could try restarting goferd on the host. >>> >>> Eric >>> >>> On Jun 3, 2017 10:07 AM, "Tim Hofmann" wrote: >>> >>> Hey guys, >>> >>> i got a strange issue. I did a fresh install of katello 3.4 on CentOS 7. >>> On a second CentOs 7 VM i installed an outdated nginx version. >>> On the next step i added the EPEL Repo's to Katello synced them and >>> added my Outdated nginx VM. I also installed the katello agent on this vm. >>> >>> The Problem is now that katello isnt't showing up any availible updates >>> for my outdated nginx VM (on yum update the newer version on nginx is >>> showing up). >>> >>> Is this by design or i am doing something wrong? >>> >>> thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :-/ >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >>> >>>

This has been investigated and found to be a legitimate bug that can arise
in certain scenarios. We'll reply back here once we have the full issue and
solution worked out.

··· On Jun 6, 2017 6:29 AM, "Tim Hofmann" wrote:

Hi Duncan,

the client is definitely registered to the correct ContentView.

‘yum update’ shows me the newer version of the nginx package (cause the
installed is older).

Yes the client is showing me the correct Repos.

Am Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017 11:26:11 UTC+2 schrieb Duncan Innes:

I’ve done this a few times and not noticed that the client was subscribed
to the wrong view (i.e. a view that didn’t have the new RPMs).

What does yum update on the client say? Does it show the new nginx as
available for upgrade? Is it showing you the repositories that you expect
from your Katello?

On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 07:18:56 UTC+1, Tim Hofmann wrote:

Hi Eric,

thanks for your answer.

• Check. Katello Agent is installed and Running. UI also indicates that.
  • Yes, the outdatet nginx is listed under installed packages.
  • Yes, the content Host is registered to a Content View (via Activation
    Key). Auto-Attach is disabled and all needed Subsrciptions are added.

I already tried to restart the goferd agent and checked the logs. No
Error or hint is logged :frowning:

Tim

Am Samstag, 3. Juni 2017 17:29:09 UTC+2 schrieb Eric Helms:

Howdy Tim,

Let’s check a few items to narrow down what the issue might be:

• you’ve got katello-agent installed on the host and goferd is
    running; does the UI indicate that it knows katello-agent is installed?
  • if you look at the package list for the content host do you see the
    outdated nginx listed?
  • The content host is currently registered to a content view that
    contains the EPEL repository? (I assume yes since yum update picks up the
    update but just checking)

You could try restarting goferd on the host.

Eric

On Jun 3, 2017 10:07 AM, “Tim Hofmann” sej...@gmail.com wrote:

Hey guys,

On the next step i added the EPEL Repo’s to Katello synced them and
added my Outdated nginx VM. I also installed the katello agent on this vm.

The Problem is now that katello isnt’t showing up any availible updates
for my outdated nginx VM (on yum update the newer version on nginx is
showing up).

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Foreman users” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Foreman users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.

Hi guys,

I think i'm having the same issue, on the Errata view i have this message : There
are 14432 total Errata in this organization but none match the above
filters.
But when i try a "yum update" on a registered machine i have some packages
to update.
This was working before my migration to Katello 3.4 + Foreman 1.15.

Thank you.
Guillaume

Hi guys,

I'm observing the same issue on Katello 3.4 and Foreman 1.15, all my
content host hosts don't display any update / errata available even when
there are some. Katello-agent is correctly registered and shows so on the
Web UI. I couldn't locate anything in the logs but i may have searched on
the wrong place.
I'm willing to help debug that issue, let me know if I can do anything.

Thanks and regards,
Arsène

··· On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 12:44:27 PM UTC+2, Eric Helms wrote: > > This has been investigated and found to be a legitimate bug that can arise > in certain scenarios. We'll reply back here once we have the full issue and > solution worked out. > > On Jun 6, 2017 6:29 AM, "Tim Hofmann" <sej...@gmail.com > > wrote: > >> Hi Duncan, >> >> the client is definitely registered to the correct ContentView. >> >> 'yum update' shows me the newer version of the nginx package (cause the >> installed is older). >> >> Yes the client is showing me the correct Repos. >> >> >> Am Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017 11:26:11 UTC+2 schrieb Duncan Innes: >>> >>> I've done this a few times and not noticed that the client was >>> subscribed to the wrong view (i.e. a view that didn't have the new RPMs). >>> >>> What does yum update on the client say? Does it show the new nginx as >>> available for upgrade? Is it showing you the repositories that you expect >>> from your Katello? >>> >>> On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 07:18:56 UTC+1, Tim Hofmann wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi Eric, >>>> >>>> thanks for your answer. >>>> >>>> - Check. Katello Agent is installed and Running. UI also indicates that. >>>> - Yes, the outdatet nginx is listed under installed packages. >>>> - Yes, the content Host is registered to a Content View (via Activation >>>> Key). Auto-Attach is disabled and all needed Subsrciptions are added. >>>> >>>> I already tried to restart the goferd agent and checked the logs. No >>>> Error or hint is logged :-( >>>> >>>> Tim >>>> >>>> Am Samstag, 3. Juni 2017 17:29:09 UTC+2 schrieb Eric Helms: >>>>> >>>>> Howdy Tim, >>>>> >>>>> Let's check a few items to narrow down what the issue might be: >>>>> >>>>> * you've got katello-agent installed on the host and goferd is >>>>> running; does the UI indicate that it knows katello-agent is installed? >>>>> * if you look at the package list for the content host do you see the >>>>> outdated nginx listed? >>>>> * The content host is currently registered to a content view that >>>>> contains the EPEL repository? (I assume yes since yum update picks up the >>>>> update but just checking) >>>>> >>>>> You could try restarting goferd on the host. >>>>> >>>>> Eric >>>>> >>>>> On Jun 3, 2017 10:07 AM, "Tim Hofmann" wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hey guys, >>>>> >>>>> i got a strange issue. I did a fresh install of katello 3.4 on CentOS >>>>> 7. >>>>> On a second CentOs 7 VM i installed an outdated nginx version. >>>>> On the next step i added the EPEL Repo's to Katello synced them and >>>>> added my Outdated nginx VM. I also installed the katello agent on this vm. >>>>> >>>>> The Problem is now that katello isnt't showing up any availible >>>>> updates for my outdated nginx VM (on yum update the newer version on nginx >>>>> is showing up). >>>>> >>>>> Is this by design or i am doing something wrong? >>>>> >>>>> thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :-/ >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>>> an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "Foreman users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com . >> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com >> . >> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> >

My apologies, I left this thread hanging a bit. Thanks to Klaas for poking
me to reply.

The issue per our investigation should be resolved with our update to bring
in Pulp 2.13. There is a possible concurrency issue with respect to package
profile uploads and applicability calculation as well that is coming in
3.4.4 (targeted for release today). I'd ask that if you are having this
issue to upgrade to the latest version of 3.4 and re-check. Let us know if
you are still seeing this.

Eric

··· On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 1:57:12 AM UTC-4, Arsène Gschwind wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I'm observing the same issue on Katello 3.4 and Foreman 1.15, all my > content host hosts don't display any update / errata available even when > there are some. Katello-agent is correctly registered and shows so on the > Web UI. I couldn't locate anything in the logs but i may have searched on > the wrong place. > I'm willing to help debug that issue, let me know if I can do anything. > > Thanks and regards, > Arsène > > On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 12:44:27 PM UTC+2, Eric Helms wrote: >> >> This has been investigated and found to be a legitimate bug that can >> arise in certain scenarios. We'll reply back here once we have the full >> issue and solution worked out. >> >> On Jun 6, 2017 6:29 AM, "Tim Hofmann" wrote: >> >>> Hi Duncan, >>> >>> the client is definitely registered to the correct ContentView. >>> >>> 'yum update' shows me the newer version of the nginx package (cause the >>> installed is older). >>> >>> Yes the client is showing me the correct Repos. >>> >>> >>> Am Dienstag, 6. Juni 2017 11:26:11 UTC+2 schrieb Duncan Innes: >>>> >>>> I've done this a few times and not noticed that the client was >>>> subscribed to the wrong view (i.e. a view that didn't have the new RPMs). >>>> >>>> What does yum update on the client say? Does it show the new nginx as >>>> available for upgrade? Is it showing you the repositories that you expect >>>> from your Katello? >>>> >>>> On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 07:18:56 UTC+1, Tim Hofmann wrote: >>>>> >>>>> Hi Eric, >>>>> >>>>> thanks for your answer. >>>>> >>>>> - Check. Katello Agent is installed and Running. UI also indicates >>>>> that. >>>>> - Yes, the outdatet nginx is listed under installed packages. >>>>> - Yes, the content Host is registered to a Content View (via >>>>> Activation Key). Auto-Attach is disabled and all needed Subsrciptions are >>>>> added. >>>>> >>>>> I already tried to restart the goferd agent and checked the logs. No >>>>> Error or hint is logged :-( >>>>> >>>>> Tim >>>>> >>>>> Am Samstag, 3. Juni 2017 17:29:09 UTC+2 schrieb Eric Helms: >>>>>> >>>>>> Howdy Tim, >>>>>> >>>>>> Let's check a few items to narrow down what the issue might be: >>>>>> >>>>>> * you've got katello-agent installed on the host and goferd is >>>>>> running; does the UI indicate that it knows katello-agent is installed? >>>>>> * if you look at the package list for the content host do you see >>>>>> the outdated nginx listed? >>>>>> * The content host is currently registered to a content view that >>>>>> contains the EPEL repository? (I assume yes since yum update picks up the >>>>>> update but just checking) >>>>>> >>>>>> You could try restarting goferd on the host. >>>>>> >>>>>> Eric >>>>>> >>>>>> On Jun 3, 2017 10:07 AM, "Tim Hofmann" wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>> Hey guys, >>>>>> >>>>>> i got a strange issue. I did a fresh install of katello 3.4 on CentOS >>>>>> 7. >>>>>> On a second CentOs 7 VM i installed an outdated nginx version. >>>>>> On the next step i added the EPEL Repo's to Katello synced them and >>>>>> added my Outdated nginx VM. I also installed the katello agent on this vm. >>>>>> >>>>>> The Problem is now that katello isnt't showing up any availible >>>>>> updates for my outdated nginx VM (on yum update the newer version on nginx >>>>>> is showing up). >>>>>> >>>>>> Is this by design or i am doing something wrong? >>>>>> >>>>>> thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :-/ >>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>> send an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "Foreman users" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com. >>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com. >>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >>> >>