Katello / Pulp Verbatim Publishing

Problem:
Debian repositories not syncing upstream GPG-Keys when using “Content Only”.

Expected outcome:
Full mirrored copy of the Upstream URL with pulp using “Verbatim Publishing” / “Mirrored Copy” to allow Ubuntu clients to directly pull from the Katello server without having to run unsecure and/or subscription-manager

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 3.1.1 and Foreman 3.2 RC1
Katello 4.3.0.1 and Katello 4.4 RC1

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Foreman 3.1.1 and Foreman 3.2 RC1

Distribution and version:
Rocky Linux 8.5

Other relevant data:
Perhaps I’m just misunderstanding how the “Content Only” sync with “Import only” publish works, but I thought that this would use the Pulp Verbatim Publish to create a complete mirrored copy with the upstream GPG keys to allow Deb/Ubuntu clients to directly pull content from Katello. I’m I missing something or is the above setup not possible in the current setup? I saw a few commits in Katello 4.4 in regarding to “Verbatim Publishing”, but perhaps this was only internally between different Foreman servers?

To confirm, did you test on katello 4.3 & 4.4rc1 ?

You are correct, these commits landed in 4.4, so i’d only expect 4.4rc1 to work (although i haven’t tested it myself)

Correct, both current GA and the new RC1 of Katello 4.4

Note that I’m referring to this behaviour when using day, Ubuntu Archive as the upstream directly under repositories (Too avoid having to setup deb signing ourselves).

It could be that Verbatim Publishing actually works on the Foreman Proxy’s when doing publish too avoid having to re-sign the repo again

It would be an welcomed addition to be able to setup a full mirror-copy of upstream deb repository including the deb signing.