[Katello] subscription manifests

Hello,

We purchased a number of licenses from RH ( total 9 ) I have one client system subscribed but when I try to activate the license on other hosts
I get an error No subscriptions are available from the pool with ID - I cannot fathom why there are no subscriptions available when I can verify on
redhat’s customer portal that we have nine available. I created and downloaded a manifest from the portal and installed it on the Katello server
everything worked just fine but try to register host number 2 and I simply get errors.

Can anyone provide some pointers to documentation or other resources that can help sort this out for me. If I cannot make this work I will need to back out
from the product which is not my end game.

TIA

LukeK

Pardon the obvious questions…

First question, did you put one subscription into your manifest or all nine? The subscriptions page of katello should, based on your description above, indicate that "1 out of 9" are consumed.

If the answer is yes to that, then are you sure the other content hosts are indeed registered to katello and not still to the customer portal? If you moved all nine subscriptions into the manifest then there would be none left for clients registered directly to portal to consume.

You man find me and others to assist on #katello freenode IRC.

··· ----- Original Message ----- > Hello, > > We purchased a number of licenses from RH ( total 9 ) I have one client > system subscribed but when I try to activate the license on other hosts > I get an error No subscriptions are available from the pool with ID - I > cannot fathom why there are no subscriptions available when I can verify on > redhat’s customer portal that we have nine available. I created and > downloaded a manifest from the portal and installed it on the Katello server > everything worked just fine but try to register host number 2 and I simply > get errors. > > Can anyone provide some pointers to documentation or other resources that can > help sort this out for me. If I cannot make this work I will need to back > out > from the product which is not my end game. > > TIA > > LukeK > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Foreman users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >

Tom.

No pardon required, as it turns out your assumptions were on the mark. I scrapped and reloaded the KT system yesterday attached the requisite entitlements and lo and behold it all worked as advertised. RH’ interface is not particularly intuitive but stepping back for a moment I can see why they insist on attaching subscriptions to particular asset management systems.

Thank you for the pointers the system now works properly and I don’t need to back out of it at all

Kind Regards

LukeK

··· > On Dec 2, 2014, at 9:46 PM, Tom McKay wrote: > > > > ----- Original Message ----- >> Hello, >> >> We purchased a number of licenses from RH ( total 9 ) I have one client >> system subscribed but when I try to activate the license on other hosts >> I get an error No subscriptions are available from the pool with ID - I >> cannot fathom why there are no subscriptions available when I can verify on >> redhat’s customer portal that we have nine available. I created and >> downloaded a manifest from the portal and installed it on the Katello server >> everything worked just fine but try to register host number 2 and I simply >> get errors. >> >> Can anyone provide some pointers to documentation or other resources that can >> help sort this out for me. If I cannot make this work I will need to back >> out >> from the product which is not my end game. >> >> TIA >> >> LukeK >> >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "Foreman users" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. >> To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. >> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > Pardon the obvious questions... > > First question, did you put one subscription into your manifest or all nine? The subscriptions page of katello should, based on your description above, indicate that "1 out of 9" are consumed. > > If the answer is yes to that, then are you sure the other content hosts are indeed registered to katello and not still to the customer portal? If you moved all nine subscriptions into the manifest then there would be none left for clients registered directly to portal to consume. > > You man find me and others to assist on #katello freenode IRC.