Kickstart templates in sync between multiple foreman servers

I will be supporting multiple Foreman/Katello/Pulp servers. I would like to be able to ensure that the kickstart templates are kept in sync between them. Why multiple?? Contractual requirements. Even separating via orgs is not allowed.

What I am doing today:
In Spacewalk, I am able to place files directly in the scripts/snippets directory /var/lib/rhn/kickstarts/snippets/. When I need to update these, I would push the change out to all of the Spacewalk servers through our configuration management tool.

Is there a directory similar to Spacewalk that I can just drop these templates in and then use them for the kickstart? If not, is there a way to sync between Foreman/Katello instances?

Thanks

You can take a look at GitHub - theforeman/foreman_templates: A plugin for Foreman to sync provisioning templates from an external source
This plugin should solve your issue. You can sync the templates either directly from a git repo or also from local files.
You will still need to trigger the sync on every template update, but thats only one additional command at least :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you. Will take a look at it. I just got Foreman/Katello up and running this week.